AHK with TCP and UDP for accessing Blackmagic products

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
BlackScreen

AHK with TCP and UDP for accessing Blackmagic products

16 Feb 2018, 15:35

Hello guys,
I am new to AHK and am trying to send and receive UDP packets and TCP commands with AHK.
I have searched the internet and found Bentschis TCP and UDP class.
I could not get it to work - the examples would not work either. I do not know why.
Then I found the AHKclass from Bentschi. I tried his version and the version of G33kDude. I couldn't get those to work either.
What did work was Packetsender. The TCP connection I was trying to make (Blackmagic Videohub) worked. But sadly the CLI of Packetsender does not read out the receiving packages. So this is not the solution either.

I am trying to access the Blackmagic Videohub via TCP port 9990 to script a few presets that can be loaded on the press of a button in the GUI from AHK.
I also am tying to access a Blackmagic ATEM switcher via UDP port 9910 to read out the status there for logging purposes.

I appreciate your help and hope, that you can point me to the right direction, so that I get this to work. Thanks! :)
nnnik

Re: AHK with TCP and UDP for accessing Blackmagic products

17 Feb 2018, 08:59

Could you share what you tried?
Recommends AHK Studio
pixelwiz

16 May 2023, 16:51

Did you ever figure it out? I'm also trying to control Blackmagic Atom Mini Pro from AutoHotKey. I'm able ot receive commands from a bluetooth controller, but not sure how to actually send them to Atom yet... Sounds like OSC or UDB through Bitfocis Companion should do the trick, but I don't know how to send those messages yet
malcev

16 May 2023, 19:08

As I see Blackmagic has com object with iunknown interface.
So, You can download ATEM Switchers 9.0.1 SDK, read it and try to convert to ahk.
https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/developer/product/atem

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”