Right hand control key...

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
tommyzulu

Right hand control key...

18 Feb 2018, 08:24

I have a new HP Pavilion laptop - which so far has one flaw: there is no right hand control key...
I am left handed and so I want to use a R/H control key when I want to select multiple non adjacent items from a list using the touchpad.
I have tried to remap one of the keys to the right of my touchpad using remapping software to facilitate this but the remapping does not give the functionality of the control key being pressed while the touchpad is used...
I have spoken to HP Support who were completely useless in this respect. The person I talked to said he only used his laptop on a desk with a mouse so could not help! And he told me that I should talk to Microsoft.
If anyone has any ideas of workarounds for this I'd be most grateful.
Thanks in advance...
SirRFI

Re: Right hand control key...

18 Feb 2018, 08:51

Remapping keys is one is elementary AHK utilities. Even a single line in the script can do that:

Code: Select all

a::b
Anytime you press a, it behaves like b. See remap.

"the keys to the right of my touchpad" doesn't really tell me a thing. Do you need anything specific?
Use

Code: Select all

[/c] forum tag to share your code.
Click on [b]✔[/b] ([b][i]Accept this answer[/i][/b]) on top-right part of the post if it has answered your question / solved your problem.

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”