The German Neo2 keyboard layout doesn't work correctly with current Insider builds

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
Tragetaschen

The German Neo2 keyboard layout doesn't work correctly with current Insider builds

26 Feb 2018, 07:05

Im using the German Neo2 keyboard layout via the autohotkey neo20.exe from here: http://neo-layout.org
In this layout, the '#' and caps lock keys activates the third layer. This only works partially:
#+d or #+f should activate the pair of curly braces { and }. Depending on the program, different things happen that don't seem to be related:
- In the UWP Feedback-Hub instance or Edge, everything works as as expected - the curly braces appear
- In a PowerShell prompt, instead of the character, the text 'digit-argument: 7' appears. I trial-and-error'ed this to the ALT+7 keyboard shortcut.
- In Visual Studio 2017, nothing happens, but in the menu bar the underline under the access letters appears. The same behavior is visible when I press ALT+7

The autohotkey program works flawlessly on my Fall Creators Update machines. On my insider machine with 17107, it has been about four weeks since I last used those keys and back then it still worked.

Can someone confirm this?
Micromegas

Re: The German Neo2 keyboard layout doesn't work correctly with current Insider builds

14 Mar 2018, 23:51

Did you ask the people who created the executable? They'd be the first to ask, anyway, plus we don't even have the AHK source, so, to us, the file is just a black box.

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”