Navigation and field entry within an intranet browser application WITHOUT Sleep command

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
greatkazooka

Navigation and field entry within an intranet browser application WITHOUT Sleep command

14 Mar 2018, 09:38

New to AHK. I use it to automate report filing and data entry in our company's proprietary web based software.

Been spending a lot of time calibrating Sleep times between Send statements and it's a huge pain the one time it takes more than 200ms to go from Field 1 to Field 2 and then the entire rest of the script's commands just get vomited all over the page. I'm sure there are smarter ways to do it, but I don't know how.

The finicky bits are that the URL never changes, even if I move between pages in the application, so I don't know of a good way to monitor that a change has occurred (i.e. that the previous command is done executing and the application is ready for the next one). I'd love if they sent some kind of completion signal to trigger the next line of my script.

An example of the kinds of things I might presently script with obnoxious sleep statements between every line:

Code: Select all

SEND, {Tab}
SEND, a
SEND, {Tab} {Tab}
SEND, c
SEND, {Tab}
SEND, -3
SEND, {Tab} {Tab}
SEND, used
SEND, !n

KEYWAIT, {Shift}

SEND, r