ComObjActive() - best way to install AHK?

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
burque505

ComObjActive() - best way to install AHK?

17 Mar 2018, 15:23

Hello all,
I'm wondering who among you that uses COM on a regular basis, specifically ComObjActive(), can point me in the right direction regarding setting up AutoHotkey (optimized for COM access) on the machine in the first place.
I run Win7 64-bit. I only have one user on my computer, with admin privileges. In the last few days, after worsening problems with ComObjActive(), I've tried reinstalling several AutoHotkey times. I've made things worse, not better, especially for Outlook.

Symptoms: ComObjCreate works fine, but ComObjActive ONLY works if first created with ComObjCreate. Excel_Get() works fine.

Here are some of the things I've tried, so far without luck:
1) Remove the old EnableUiAccess code from the computer entirely;
2) With the installer, reinstall 1.1.24.05, 1.1.27.07, 1.1.27.06, and 1.1.28.00 (Program Files);
3) Same as above, except in C:\AutoHotkey.
4) Running batch files using an executable from a zip file, i.e. "AutoHotkey64.exe mycomscript.ahk" in a separate folder (this sometimes works if I run it twice in a row).
5) Tried reducing the privilege level with 'RunAs /trustlevel:0x20000 "AutoHotkeyU64.exe mycomscript.ahk"'.
6) Try modifying scripts per code listed here.
7) Running Outlook as admin.

All help most welcome.
Thanks in advance,
burque505

EDIT: These PowerToys look useful. I'll post my results if I have any luck. The file to download is Elevation2008_06.exe which you'll need to extract.

EDIT2: All the ComObjActive() problems go away on Win XP in a VirtualBox VM.
burque505

Re: ComObjActive() - best way to install AHK?

18 Mar 2018, 18:40

This post is probably very far from helpful, but whatever I did with my flurry of reinstalling, at least Outlook works with ComObjActive(). HOWEVER - it does NOT work with the Internal AHK of Scite4AHK.
I would still like to know what the optimal AHK setup is for COM, though, if anyone feels so inclined.
Regards,
burque505

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”