program for chrome extension and linkedin

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
jumpingbeans

program for chrome extension and linkedin

17 Mar 2018, 23:24

Newbie here...sorry to ask right out of the gates here. there is just a load of information and i was hoping someone can point me in the right direction to what to learn first.

I'm trying to make a program that can auto click a chrome extension for me after going through linkedin profiles one by one as a email extractor.
Instead of manually doing it one by one or paying some one to do it. I was hoping Autohotkey can do all the clicking for me.

What commands or functions should i learn first?

Also, i saw an app that can identify certain ID's on a chrome webpage so i can tell mt program to click or copy that word down for me. What is that app called?
gregster

Re: program for chrome extension and linkedin

18 Mar 2018, 02:27

I am always skeptical when I read such requests... I get too much annoying spam. Therefore, and more generally, for privacy reasons, automated email harvesting is something that I personally despise and don't support (and I say that from the perspective of someone who worked in online marketing). It is probably also against linkedin's terms of service, but I don't know - it's not the point. A little manual work would at least need some effort...

But there might even exist legal limitations to your plans, depending on where you live: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Email_address_harvesting :!:
jumpingbeans

18 Mar 2018, 08:18

I assumed someone would bring this up.

The chrome extension will simply put together [email protected]

It's a B2B email and every major fortune 500 company uses tools like this. I understand that you might get a lot of spam and despise it. I'm looking to sell a new accountanting software to accountants. It's a different story when you email baby apparel to old people.
gregster

18 Mar 2018, 12:43

So, you are not using common email harvesting, but some kind directory/dictionary harvest method. Really, that doesn't make it better.
Imho, suppliers of important business software - and not only them - should adhere to strict business ethics so that they can be trusted.
But anyway, if you want to go ahead with this, that is your personal choice - but then put some work in first - it's all a matter of personal motivation.
jumpingbeans

18 Mar 2018, 14:46

Thanks for expressing your opinion on business ethics.

Have you never gotten an email from Verizon about the current promotional? Or from Nike about their sales?
gregster

18 Mar 2018, 15:30

Actually, in most cases only if I have given them my e-mail address in some circumstance where I could opt-in (explicitly or implicitly) to the use of my data (for example, for a official newsletter - but then I can also revoke my approval and cancel the newsletter) - or could refuse to give my e-mail address and perhaps take my business elsewhere (in these cases you can usually find information about the company's data policy - although not always featured prominently, I admit). That is also exactly the way I used email addresses for e-mail and online campaigns of big companies.

Of course, there are sometimes third-party dealers who will send unsolicited e-mails about Nike or Verizon or whatever. That is true and that is a big part of the problem. Unsolicited emails from official company accounts are indeed rather rare, at least if we look at companies with a good reputation.

Apart from that, whataboutism never leads to good arguments - although we can obviously see a big revival of it in everyday life and politics, these days, while we see attempts of weakening consumer rights.
jumpingbeans

18 Mar 2018, 21:32

i didnt come here to debate about ethics. i will have to figure this out on my own.

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”