Undo Back to a Save Point Topic is solved

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
zabcheckmate

Undo Back to a Save Point  Topic is solved

20 Mar 2018, 12:10

I want to write a script that would allow me to use two hotkeys in excel to 1) set a save point and 2) revert to that save point by undoing all activities from the save point to the new point. I'm not really sure how to get started since I need to count the number of "activities", and I haven't found any documentation that would help with that.

I'm a beginner at AHK and I've done a few simple scripts and implemented some things I've seen other people post here, but I think this is going to be my first more complicated project where I couldn't find a solution here. Thanks for any help you can offer.
BoBo

Re: Undo Back to a Save Point

20 Mar 2018, 12:50

Setting a "save point" sounds to me like pressing CTRL+S (save the document) and from there you'll use the undo (CTRL+Z)/redo(CTRL+Y) feature of Excel??
Exaskryz

20 Mar 2018, 13:00

Using COM, you might be able to track the "activities" in the Undo-History somehow.

Otherwise, a rudimentary way would be Save your file, Close the file, Reopen the file. This should erase all previous history, then if you need to undo, you just undo as far back as you want; discard all the history by closing without saving.
swagfag

20 Mar 2018, 13:05

i think youre better off explaining what the problem youre actually trying to solve is, what your endgame is, rather than trying to come up with some random solution that might or might not even be applicable

at this point we can only guess what an acceptable solution could be

you could for example save the file locally under a different name, then delete the mangled one and replace it with the saved one

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”