what is the version of the ahk ?

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
woshichuanqilz72

what is the version of the ahk ?

21 Mar 2018, 08:34

I find a ahk exe file with this tray menu, seems very convenient. but I use the AHK_L can't do that

just with this items, so I want to know the version of the ahk. how to make the tray like the pic above. Seems different version of ahk.

I upload the file here,

you can download and test it.

http://7xpvdr.com1.z0.glb.clouddn.com/% ... %9A%84.exe
Last edited by woshichuanqilz72 on 22 Mar 2018, 21:52, edited 2 times in total.
MaxAstro

Re: what is the version of the ahk ?

21 Mar 2018, 08:38

I could be wrong, but I believe the expanded menu only shows if you are running the script directly, instead of compiling it into an exe file.
woshichuanqilz72

21 Mar 2018, 09:08

MaxAstro wrote:I could be wrong, but I believe the expanded menu only shows if you are running the script directly, instead of compiling it into an exe file.
no both exe files.
BoBo

21 Mar 2018, 11:33

woshichuanqilz72 wrote:
MaxAstro wrote:I could be wrong, but I believe the expanded menu only shows if you are running the script directly, instead of compiling it into an exe file.
no both exe files.
TBH, makes no sense to provide an "Edit"-option for a compiled file. So I'd guess you're wrong on that. Prove me wrong :mrgreen:
Cuadrix

21 Mar 2018, 12:19

It's because the script is compiled to an .EXE file. If you want the tray menu above, you have to run the .AHK version of the script.
If you don't have the .AHK version of the script, then you can use a program called Resource Hacker to get the script out from the .EXE file.

1. Download Resource Hacker
2. After the download is finished, launch the .EXE file and install resource Hacker.
3. Open Resource Hacker and navigate to File>Open and select the .EXE file you want to extract your script from.
4. Now a bunch of vertically aligned folders will appear on the left side. Click on the folder named RCData and then click >AUTOHOTKEY SCRIPT< , and your script will show up on the right.
5. Copy the script and paste it into a new .AHK file and save.
6. Run the file, and check the tray menu. Now you should have the same tray menu you wished to have.

If you just want to check the current version of AutoHotkey, then just do this:

Code: Select all

MsgBox, %A_AhkVersion%
gregster

21 Mar 2018, 12:57

If you want to change the menu items: use the menu, tray command: https://autohotkey.com/docs/commands/Menu.htm
woshichuanqilz72

22 Mar 2018, 06:09

Cuadrix wrote:It's because the script is compiled to an .EXE file. If you want the tray menu above, you have to run the .AHK version of the script.
If you don't have the .AHK version of the script, then you can use a program called Resource Hacker to get the script out from the .EXE file.

2. After the download is finished, launch the .EXE file and install resource Hacker.
3. Open Resource Hacker and navigate to File>Open and select the .EXE file you want to extract your script from.
4. Now a bunch of vertically aligned folders will appear on the left side. Click on the folder named RCData and then click >AUTOHOTKEY SCRIPT< , and your script will show up on the right.
6. Run the file, and check the tray menu. Now you should have the same tray menu you wished to have.

MsgBox, %A_AhkVersion%
Thank you my friend reshacker is a really powerful tool. It can decompile my ahk file but not this one.

I upload the file here. Please try. In reshacker I can't see the RCDATA in it.

http://7xpvdr.com1.z0.glb.clouddn.com/% ... %9A%84.exe
woshichuanqilz72

22 Mar 2018, 06:14

Cuadrix wrote:It's because the script is compiled to an .EXE file. If you want the tray menu above, you have to run the .AHK version of the script.

MsgBox, %A_AhkVersion%

I run the MsgBox, %A_AhkVersion% in the script.

And get the version of the AHK is 1.1.13, but I can't find the version of the ahk in the link below:

https://autohotkey.com/download/1.1/
woshichuanqilz72

22 Mar 2018, 06:33

MsgBox, %A_AhkVersion%
I know it is may be a autohotkey.exe file. If you drag a ahk script on it. It can run that.

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”