Retrieve data from other windows

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
apoklyps3

Retrieve data from other windows

23 Mar 2018, 02:26

Is it possible to retrieve data (ex: checkboxes) from a hidden window, display them in a ahk gui that also has direct interaction with the hidden window (check/uncheck)?
apoklyps3

Re: Retrieve data from other windows

23 Mar 2018, 03:44

I read about it, but will it be able to mirror the actions? from my custom made ahk gui to the original's hidden app (3rd party) gui (as long as it can retrieve them, of course...)
apoklyps3

25 Mar 2018, 06:31

don't think that ControlGet can acomplish what I need...
I want to hide an app's original UI and redesign the GUI with autohotkey. Problem would be the interaction betweend the two .
I need the new gui to display checkboxes from the original hidden GUI and also interact directly with them.
Possible?
ferryiol

25 Mar 2018, 08:02

apoklyps3 wrote:don't think that ControlGet can acomplish what I need...
I want to hide an app's original UI and redesign the GUI with autohotkey. Problem would be the interaction betweend the two .
I need the new gui to display checkboxes from the original hidden GUI and also interact directly with them.
Possible?
usually yes, however you are trying to do this with a security software and they blocked your ability to do that

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”