{
			Send, {right}
			sleep 36
			GetKeyState, state, XButton2, P
			if state = u
			break
			}
	return	
With my previous mouse, this worked perfectly - holding down XButton2 would result in repeated sending of {right} as long as XButton2 was depressed.

Recently I got a new mouse. Specifically, the Logitech M510, and I can't for the life of me get this code to work. The script IS activating as confirmed by looking at the log as well as the simple fact that hitting Xbutton2 results in the program recieving a {right} key press. The problem is that it will not spam (right word?) - that is, it will only send the {right} key press once, and will not repeatedly send it as I hold XButton2 down.

I have confirmed that the script still works with my old mouse.

I am running the "logitech options" supporting software for the mouse (allows for custom configuration of the various mouse buttons). I have tried setting the Xbuttons within the logitech options program to different keys and then triggering the hotkey within AHK off of that key (hope that makes sense...). Currently within the Logi Options software the Xbuttons are set to their default of "forward" and "back". The Xbuttons on the new mouse function just as they did on the old mouse in all other programs i.e. as forward and back buttons.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
BriHecato

Re: Xbutton -> {left/right} key spamming not working with new mouse

19 Apr 2018, 02:58

Maybe something about repeating key in Logitech control. First - uninstall manufacturer drivers and app.
jamesrand11

Re: Xbutton -> {left/right} key spamming not working with new mouse

21 Apr 2018, 20:22

BriHecato wrote:Maybe something about repeating key in Logitech control. First - uninstall manufacturer drivers and app.
Thank you. I don't know how this didn't occur to me. It worked though! (uninstalled both the "Options" software as well as any drivers)

Function perfectly now.

Thanks again.

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”