Create a new variable from input (endless)

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
Monoxide3009

Create a new variable from input (endless)

19 Apr 2018, 14:35

I am not sure exactly how to ask this - I am not a wizard with AHK.

I know how to create a variable from an input, but I need to know how to create a list of variables that I can then use as an if statement.

The data I would have would be along these lines-

From an email -
ID code, a name, a time

From the spreadsheet -
ID code, master ID

I need to compare the ID code from the spreadsheet to the info in the email, if = then put the name/time into variables. Then using the master ID, find the order in an internal system to enter the name and time.

I have not started building a script yet, because I dont have a real plan of attack.

My thought process is to have something along these lines:

if (ID.email = ID.ss) ; Where the spreadsheet ID is dynamic to each new line, but the ID from the email would be static (XXY will always be name1, time1 | YYX will always be name2, time2)
then
name1, time1

My issue with this is how do I create a dynamic list from the email. The data changes daily, and the amount of changes could be in the thousands. I want to create message boxes for the user to input the data, but I dont know how to have the variable list by dynamic. For instance, I could make it so there are 10 variables and if blank they are ignored, but this wouldnt work if the daily list had 11 variables. How can I build the variable list to use in an if statement with a random number of variables?

Sooo sorry if this makes no sense. I am a self taught AHK user. I hope this makes enough sense that someone can try to help =p
Monoxide3009

Re: Create a new variable from input (endless)

19 Apr 2018, 15:29

I realized I could just do a single input, then loop through the script again. Not as pretty or elegant, but it should work. If this makes sense, I would still appreciate any responses - I might be able to improve upon the script.

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”