Can autohotkey do what I want ?

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
shuttle1194

Can autohotkey do what I want ?

22 Apr 2018, 05:13

Hi Everyone

I have just joined after finding the program online.

I am not sure if ahk can do want I need and if it can where to start. I have had a look through the info online and it didnt help.

What I need.

while looking at a certain website can ahk copy a text selection which is always in the same place then paste the section on another website.

if I need it to copy two selections on a website at different locations and then paste each selection on two different websites is that possible as well.

the text is only a few numbers.

If ahk can do this, can i take it one step further, have it copy the text, open a website which could one of two choices and then paste the text in a certain location on the website.

Many Thanks in advance
Frosti

Re: Can autohotkey do what I want ?

22 Apr 2018, 05:48

At home, Autohotkey even cleans the dishwasher. Anyway, if I spend my time with Autohotkey, and sometimes I standup to go to the kitchen, the dishwasher is always cleared. I ever wondered why, but I'm better not looking for the cause.
I'm sure not to ask my wife how Autohotkey can do this. I'm sure to have great minutes with her, because I have to tell what I have done before.
So show what you have done before! Without any source code, i'm sure again, no one can help you.
swagfag

22 Apr 2018, 05:58

there are a number of ways how you can achieve this with varying degrees of robustness

id recommend going the IE COM route: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSvlvQeqrx4

or chrome.ahk if u cant use IE: https://github.com/G33kDude/Chrome.ahk
Frosti

22 Apr 2018, 19:32

Sorry for my answer. I would love it, if ahk would do what I want. Yes it can, if you use COM.
Since today I know, it was my wife that cleans the dishwasher. :crazy:

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”