How can I unhide my IE so I can see what my thing doing Topic is solved

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
Lara Escobar

How can I unhide my IE so I can see what my thing doing

22 Apr 2018, 10:26

I have a script that uses comobj to go to webpages, do some tasks for me and save data. I run it using Visible := False and if possible dont want to change that, if i have no choice well i have no choice.

It working mostly very good. Sometimes, I want to be able to click button and see if it stuck on page or what page it on etc.

Can i do something to show the ie window once the script already running?

Hopefully the smart ahk people are on here sunday too
gregster

Re: How can I unhide my IE so I can see what my thing doing  Topic is solved

22 Apr 2018, 10:46

wb.visible := true ... obviously you will have to add your COM object (name) instead of wb.
You could write this into a hotkey, if you wanted, so that you could make the IE instance visible if you would feel the need to - and add another hotkey (or make a toggle using the same key) to make it invisible again.
Lara Escobar

Re: How can I unhide my IE so I can see what my thing doing

22 Apr 2018, 11:25

gregster wrote:wb.visible := true ... obviously you will have to add your COM object (name) instead of wb.
You could write this into a hotkey, if you wanted, so that you could make the IE instance visible if you would feel the need to - and add another hotkey (or make a toggle using the same key) to make it invisible again.
thats working out for me. I can finally see where things are holding exactly without guessing. My other choice was to leave it to True or built a gui that updates me what its doing and that would still keep me guessing and curious so your solution is best

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”