GUI that fetches links for download externaly

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
apoklyps3

GUI that fetches links for download externaly

23 Apr 2018, 11:24

I'm trying to create a gui with checklinks for the purpose of downloading multiple apps to my choice.
While I got that part figured out and it's pretty simple to get it done with AutoGUI, I am wondering if I could make make the download links being fetched from an doc stored on cloud (gdrive) everytime the gui is started. In this way if I actualize an app the gdrive link id will change and I wouldn't like to actualize the code of the GUI everytime a change for download link is needed.
Thoughts on this?
apoklyps3

Re: GUI that fetches links for download externaly

24 Apr 2018, 04:34

Would FileRead work for this?
guest3456

24 Apr 2018, 08:20

can you give more details on exactly what you want to happen?

apoklyps3

24 Apr 2018, 08:28

As I said, I want the links for downloads to be stored externaly so I don't have to modify the GUI ahk code every time I replace one app version with a newer one (gdrive links have IDs that change if the something is deleted and uploaded again).
For convenience I would like the"download links" file to be read directly from cloud(gdrive) rather than have it downloaded locally, but if that isn't possible I'm ok with downloading it to a local location before it is being read.
ygio

26 Apr 2018, 05:22

apoklyps3 wrote:It's impossible?
if the drive link is made public (anyone with the address can see it) then yes, you could have ahk get the data

need to know more

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”