Hotkey sends space bar out / pauses full screen video

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
stevesmithtx1

Hotkey sends space bar out / pauses full screen video

25 Apr 2018, 02:21

Still getting my barings with autohotkey, but after hours of trying to figure this issue out, I'm hoping someone can help. I pieced together a script from what others had posted that would turn the screen completely dark and mute and only lightup/turn on volume when the F5 key was held down. What I have works well...unless I am in full screen video mode which is the main applications I need it in (WMP, YouTube,ect). When I press F5, the video pauses as if the space bar key is being pushed down. I even opened a word doc and did notice that when F5 is hit, the space bar does jump from time to time.

Again, I'm a noobie so I could be missing something obvious, but I cant figure this one out. Any help of suggestions would be much appreciated! Code below

#NoEnv ; Recommended for performance and compatibility with future AutoHotkey releases.
; #Warn ; Enable warnings to assist with detecting common errors.
SendMode Input ; Recommended for new scripts due to its superior speed and reliability.
SetWorkingDir %A_ScriptDir% ; Ensures a consistent starting directory.

F5::
Send {VKADSC120} {F2}
KeyWait, F5
Send {VKADSC120} {F1}
return

F1::
intensity+=250
If intensity>225
intensity:=250 ;
GoSub overlay
return
F2::
intensity-=325
if intensity<0
intensity:=0
gosub overlay
return

Overlay:
Gui, Destroy
Gui, 1: Default
Gui, Color, 0x000000 ; Color to black
Gui, +LastFound +AlwaysOnTop -Caption +E0x20 ; Click through GUI always on top.
WinSet, Transparent, %Intensity% ; Set intensity first based on the time of dday
Gui, Show, x0 y0 w%A_ScreenWidth% h%A_ScreenHeight%, Overlay ; Cover entire screen
return

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”