catch a bcx-grid class control

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
jekko1976

catch a bcx-grid class control

26 Apr 2018, 05:41

Hello,

in this window, all I can find with the AutoIt Window spy is a single control which has ClassNN "bcx-grid2".
Every cell of the table have ClassNN bcx-grid2.
How could i read or send a value to a single cell of the table?
I already tried with the AccViewer but it shows nothing, but i think that acc could be the way.
Some ideas?

Thank you very much
jeeswg

Re: catch a bcx-grid class control

26 Apr 2018, 17:59

- Unfortunately if AccViewer doesn't give any info (btw for anyone reading, the image in the screenshot is not AccViewer), you might have to use the 'prehistoric' techniques.
Acc library (MSAA) and AccViewer download links - AutoHotkey Community
https://autohotkey.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=26201

- Apologies if any of these things sound obvious.

- So ImageSearch, to give you the column header, that gives you the x position.
- And ImageSearch/PixelSearch to check for cell boundaries, that gives you the y position. (E.g. search for cell intersection points (cell corners), i.e. that look like '+'.

- There may be info somewhere that states the cell address, and you could apply OCR to it.

- Some programs allow you to move down rows by using Down/Ctrl+Down/End.
- Some programs allow you to jump to a cell e.g. via Ctrl+G.
- Some programs let you edit a cell using F2/click/double-click.
- Some programs let you select put the cell contents onto the clipboard using: Home, Shift+End, Ctrl+C.
- Some programs let you put everything onto the clipboard by doing Ctrl+A then Ctrl+C.
homepage | tutorials | wish list | fun threads | donate
WARNING: copy your posts/messages before hitting Submit as you may lose them due to CAPTCHA
jekko1976

27 Apr 2018, 02:34

dear jeeswg,

first of all, thank you very much to have taken the time to reply me in such exaustive way, I can confirm you that I knew only a part of the tricks that you
written. I will test all the methods one by one.

in the previous screenshot i actually used the normal window spy instead of AccViewer, because AccViewer didn't find neither the bcx-grid ClassNN Object

To show you what i see, i came in another bcx-grid table of my accountancy program. As you see, AccViewer doesn't show me the single elements of the table.

I will try all the methods that you suggested me.
Thank you again for the support
Frosti

27 Apr 2018, 06:57

This one belongs to the Microsoft Foundation Class. Maybe Afx? Not sure yet if AFX belongs to it, but The MF-class is a framework to program that looks like office or excel. It’s using the normal Win32 Elements and if it’s implemented it can have a OLE-COM feature. I read about some days before. Search for MFC I know there was a thread about it in this forum.
jeeswg

27 Apr 2018, 07:09

Cheers Frosti. Btw do you have any info on Exontrol.Grid.WindowList. It's for a program I don't use any more, but in general getting info from tables seems to a problem for different programs. The program uses Exontrol and ThunderRT6 controls, if you know anything about those. Thanks.
homepage | tutorials | wish list | fun threads | donate
WARNING: copy your posts/messages before hitting Submit as you may lose them due to CAPTCHA
Frosti

27 Apr 2018, 10:39

Sorry jeeswg,

Here in my office I have found many frameworks in the different programs, but this has not crossed my path. It has to be a very "meaningful" framework. They advertise on their homepage reports an AutoIt connection. In AutoIt Forum I found the following number of entries: 1! This is the huge result: https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topi ... nt=1096072.

Interesting and confusing how many frameworks there are. 7 months ago I did not even know that you can automate program interfaces. I am still surprised sometimes how quickly you can open, manipulate and close windows again. Sometimes as fast as opening and closing is done in the blink of an eye. And if you still use WM_Command commands, you must be careful that the last window is not already open before the first ever closed.
And often I am amazed that I can open, by sending WM_Command, a menu that is locked or that one and the same menucall can done again and again and then the same window in a program opens several times.

If I stumble over it later, I'll leave something here.
Frosti

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”