Will AutoHotKey Work for Me?

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
andrewh

Will AutoHotKey Work for Me?

23 May 2018, 19:02

I'm trying to find a resource that will allow me to create hot keys on my mouse for buttons within the GUI of the CAD software I use all day at work. For example, I want to have a button on the mouse that hits the "return" button of the GUI. I have seen many versions of cut/paste, changing text in dialogue boxes, speed tapping for games, etc. on these forums. These are useful, but I have not seen anything like what I'm after. Is this something that requires the software company of the CAD program to start the key process? Or is it something Autohotkey can generate? I just don't know enough about this level of computer science to figure out whether I am waiting my time or not. Any help would be much appreciated.
imustbeamoron

Re: Will AutoHotKey Work for Me?

23 May 2018, 20:26

is there a shortcut key for the 'return' button that you are wanting to press?
BriHecato

23 May 2018, 23:26

What Cad? I'm using Autocad, zwcad, draftsight, gstarcad and quasi cad in Trutops suite. I was able to bind some commands onto mouse.
As long as your cad has some kind of command line it's a piece of cake (mostly).
swagfag

24 May 2018, 05:09

At the bare minimum ahk will be able to replicate whatever it is that you as a user can do, even if that means resorting to the least sophisticated approaches available, such as clicking on a predefined set of coordinates.
andrewh

24 May 2018, 14:07

The CAD software is an industry specific all-in-one for the cabinetry business called Cabinet Vision. It does the regular CAD drawings stuff similar to Autocad, but also does 3D rendering with the same engine as 20/20, and it cut lists/reports and produces Gcode for CNC machines. It also allows custom programs to be written into it for personalized usage. It's pretty neat. But, they are a small company and just don't have the horsepower to produce a complete package (hot keyes among many other things). I was able to get the return working through the mouse's software using esc. The other buttons in the software are not mapped to anything and I don't have a clue as to how to create something from nothing, button wise I mean. I'm using a Roccat Nyth mouse... lot's of buttons available. I wold love a nudge in the right direction... Maybe even a shove.

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”