Basic AHK for Lightroom keystrokes

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
davebreal

Basic AHK for Lightroom keystrokes

24 May 2018, 08:50

Hi everyone - I am an AHK newbie.

I'd like to run a script in Windows assigned to ALT+j keystroke to run the following in Adobe Lightroom:

ALT+p, e, o, o, enter

Thank you!
TLM

Re: Basic AHK for Lightroom keystrokes

24 May 2018, 11:26

Have you tried anything yet? If so please post your script so far.
davebreal

25 May 2018, 07:48

Here is what I've tried so far:

#NoEnv ; Recommended for performance and compatibility with future AutoHotkey releases.
; #Warn ; Enable warnings to assist with detecting common errors.
SendMode Input ; Recommended for new scripts due to its superior speed and reliability.
SetWorkingDir %A_ScriptDir% ; Ensures a consistent starting directory.

^j::
!p{e};{o};{o};`n
Return

I receive this error:
Error at line 7
This line does not contain a recognized action
micjgam

23 Jul 2020, 13:12

Hah! Apparently I am not the only one looking for this exact solution. I use "Open as Layers in Photoshop..." quite often, and I would to build a keybind that would translate to my Wacom Intuos Pro.

To anyone who may read this... has a solution for this been found?

While in the Lr application, I need to press and hold Alt+P to access the Photo Menu, from there I navigate to "Edit in" (E) and then to "Open as Layers..." (L)

So the sequence is Alt+P, E, L. I edited the navtive zstring file for Lr (TranslateStrings_Lr_en_US) to incorporate the last keystroke - L - instead of several O keystrokes (I have OnPhoto as external editing and have to filter through that... nope!).

Update... figured it out...

^+q::
send, {Alt down}p{Alt up}el
return

I assigned Ctrl+Shift+q as my hotkey and (l) is my shortcut to "Open as Layers in Photoshop..." (explained above)
mangodrive

01 Dec 2020, 17:38

have you had any luck actually making it open as layers in photoshop? i've used your code (THANK YOU SO MUCH!) but it doesn't complete to open as layers and take me to photoshop. ultimately my goal is to program my mouse so it's all one button click (using a logitech g604 mouse).
mangodrive

01 Dec 2020, 17:40

micjgam wrote:
23 Jul 2020, 13:12
Hah! Apparently I am not the only one looking for this exact solution. I use "Open as Layers in Photoshop..." quite often, and I would to build a keybind that would translate to my Wacom Intuos Pro.

To anyone who may read this... has a solution for this been found?

While in the Lr application, I need to press and hold Alt+P to access the Photo Menu, from there I navigate to "Edit in" (E) and then to "Open as Layers..." (L)

So the sequence is Alt+P, E, L. I edited the navtive zstring file for Lr (TranslateStrings_Lr_en_US) to incorporate the last keystroke - L - instead of several O keystrokes (I have OnPhoto as external editing and have to filter through that... nope!).

Update... figured it out...

^+q::
send, {Alt down}p{Alt up}el
return

I assigned Ctrl+Shift+q as my hotkey and (l) is my shortcut to "Open as Layers in Photoshop..." (explained above)

have you had any luck actually making it open as layers in photoshop? i've used your code (THANK YOU SO MUCH!) but it doesn't complete to open as layers and take me to photoshop. ultimately my goal is to program my mouse so it's all one button click (using a logitech g604 mouse).

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”