AHK "Alt Tab"(Task Switcher) exactly as Windows 8.1 does, n using the same hotkeys "Alt Tab" n "Shift Alt Tab" Topic is solved

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
eduardobedoya

AHK "Alt Tab"(Task Switcher) exactly as Windows 8.1 does, n using the same hotkeys "Alt Tab" n "Shift Alt Tab"

25 May 2018, 08:43

Hi, I'm running a large AHK with UI Access
this script has lots of hotkeys, many of them use "Key Tab" as a modifier (eg. Tab & Space::), so my "Key Tab" native function got disabled, hence the default Windows 8.1 "Alt Tab" doesn't work.
I would like a script that could perform "Alt Tab"(Task Switcher) exactly as Windows 8.1 does, n using the same hotkeys "Alt Tab" n "Shift Alt Tab"
I read the manual, but it offers strange hotkeys to perform "Alt Tab"(Task Switcher) I just would like to renable the hotkeys of Windows 8.1 "Alt Tab" n "Shift Alt Tab" or a script that would emlue it,
many thanks advanced.
swagfag

Re: AHK "Alt Tab"(Task Switcher) exactly as Windows 8.1 does, n using the same hotkeys "Alt Tab" n "Shift Alt Tab"

25 May 2018, 08:50

not an answer to your query, but why Tab, why not move all these hotkeys to CapsLock + whatever, then have Ctrl+Capslock toggle the actual capslock or smth
Rohwedder

Re: AHK "Alt Tab"(Task Switcher) exactly as Windows 8.1 does, n using the same hotkeys "Alt Tab" n "Shift Alt Tab"

25 May 2018, 09:21

Hallo,
or reactivate the native "Key Tab" function with

Code: Select all

~Tab::Return
But maybe it can have side effects.
eduardobedoya

Re: AHK "Alt Tab"(Task Switcher) exactly as Windows 8.1 does, n using the same hotkeys "Alt Tab" n "Shift Alt Tab"  Topic is solved

25 May 2018, 23:11

Hi Rohwedder, thanks for reply but despite your script did reactivate the "key Tab" native function, it also doomed all my subrouts of hotkeys "Tab & anotherKey::"
I'm looking for a script using AHK's "AltTab", n "ShiftAltTab" commands, that could work with "!Tab::" n "+!Tab" hotkeys,
many thanks advanced.
In the end "AltTabMenu" did it, I was using "AltTab" my fault.

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”