Color detection doesn't work with AHK 1.1

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
DiegoSnip

Color detection doesn't work with AHK 1.1

27 May 2018, 14:44

Hello, I had a working script in AHK 1.04805 but the ControlClick function wasn't working with my game (it worked in any other applications, but not in the game), so I tried the last AHK version (1.1.29) and the ControlClick works properly, but now the coordinates and colors are read oddly with the ahk Window Spy. The color is almost always FFFFFF and the max X coordinate is +4k when the window's resolution is 1920x1080. I don't care about the coordinates, I can read them again, but the color is a problem. Some colors are read properly, but most of them justs read FFFFFF (even black ones). I tried to use GetPixelColor and I also get 0xFFFFFF. It seems to be some problem with the game and the last ahk version, because the colors are well read in other applications, and the Window Spy of AHK 1.04 reads the colors properly inside the game.
Do you have any ideas? I'd be great to make the ControlClick work on my old ahk version so I don't have to change anything, but I can change to the new version if the Color detection issue is resolved
Thank you in advance!

Edit: I found that the color detection error occurs only when the app is in my second monitor.
I have a main TV at 4k with 225% upscaling and a 2nd monitor 24" with no scaling. If the app is in the 2nd monitor, the colors are badly read (just the upper right section is read, anywhere else is FFFFFF), but in the main TV it seems to work properly. Same with resolution (bad on 2nd monitor)
please do not duplicate posts!
cnahk

Re: Color detection doesn't work with AHK 1.1

03 Sep 2018, 10:34

Hey Diego, I'm having the exact same issue! Did you find a solution?
cnahk

Re: Color detection doesn't work with AHK 1.1

03 Sep 2018, 13:07

In case you are still wondering, I found the solution: it's a high DPI issue. I'm running several displays at 4K and 2K, so I have to go to AutoHotKey.exe properties and check "Override high DPI scaling behavior: Application" and now detection works flawlessly in v1.1

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”