Taskbar shows after GUI is closed

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
Leli196

Taskbar shows after GUI is closed

20 Jun 2018, 11:02

Hi there,

I have an annoying problem with a script of mine. When any GUI of the script is closed, the taskbar often shows up (it is hidden normally). This does always happen until the script is reloaded. Then it is decided (by an unknown factor) whether everything works as normal or whether the problem appears again (until the script is reloaded again). It does not matter what is displayed in the GUI and how it is closed.

Furthermore sometimes the taskbar appears when this exact script is reloaded via #n:: Reload.

Unfortunately I could not create an minimal working example. The code is a few hundred lines and every minimal example I create does not show the aforementioned problems.

Does anybody have an idea what might be causing those problems?
jeeswg

Re: Taskbar shows after GUI is closed

20 Jun 2018, 14:50

Could you say which OS and version of AHK you are using, thanks.
homepage | tutorials | wish list | fun threads | donate
WARNING: copy your posts/messages before hitting Submit as you may lose them due to CAPTCHA
Leli196

21 Jun 2018, 08:15

Oops, I totally forgot about that.

AHK ist the latest version in Unicode 64 bit. I updated it yesterday, before I posted here to make sure that it is not a bug from AHK that is already fixed.
My OS is Windows 10 Home 64 bit (version 10.0.17134).
jeeswg

21 Jun 2018, 17:24

So that would be AHK v1.1.29.01. I would try to see if you can get the error with older versions. And I would try to do various bits of script simplification to try to narrow down the cause (which I appreciate can be fiddly).
WARNING: copy your posts/messages before hitting Submit as you may lose them due to CAPTCHA
Leli196

25 Jun 2018, 18:19

Well, the problem did also occur with v1.1.26, which was previously installed. Which version should I install?
jeeswg

25 Jun 2018, 18:46

- In trying to find out what's causing the problem:
- You can try older versions of AutoHotkey, if you can find an older version which doesn't experience the problem, the problem could be with AutoHotkey.
- You could try the script on Windows 7/8, to see if you get the problem.
- You could also keep trying to simplify your script, or alter it so that you can share it.
- Could you try to explain the problem further. When you close a GUI, the taskbar suddenly becomes visible, but when you close the script, the taskbar is hidden again. Is that right?
- Does it make a difference what other windows are open? E.g. Notepad or no other windows.
- Does it make a difference where the cursor is located?

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”