Read Multiple Hotkeys From ini

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
grilledbacon32

Read Multiple Hotkeys From ini

22 Jun 2018, 17:44

Hello all!

I have been trying for some time now and after what feels like thousands of google searches :D I have to ask. Can someone tell my why my hotkeys aren't working.

So, what I want to do is read the ini file I create and have the keys that are storied under Hotkeys, trigger a single label. I believe I only need one label. I have tested this "Hotkey command" code by itself in another test ahk and it worked perfect, when I add it to my full script I get nothing.

Update: I have decided to make some changes to the code. This is no longer needed. Thanks!
Last edited by grilledbacon32 on 25 Jun 2018, 08:00, edited 1 time in total.
Qysh

Re: Read Multiple Hotkeys From ini

24 Jun 2018, 11:44

Sorry i would like to help but i dont really understand what you are trying to do :/

Interesting project btw :D
evilC

25 Jun 2018, 07:20

Are you really sure you wanna do this? This is a MASSIVE security risk.
From what I can see of this code, there is no security, just obscurity - all the keys are stored in plain text.
And if you are not the company owner, you really must get their permission before rolling this out.
grilledbacon32

25 Jun 2018, 08:05

evilC wrote:Are you really sure you wanna do this? This is a MASSIVE security risk.
From what I can see of this code, there is no security, just obscurity - all the keys are stored in plain text.
And if you are not the company owner, you really must get their permission before rolling this out.
Correct, the keys are stored as plain text, but the usernames and passwords are encrypted. Also, this would not be rolled out company wide. I have many co-workers that use very simple hotkeys that have the typical #Z:: username{tab}password{enter} and is stored right there unencrypted. This is in hopes to make things little better. But, can't seem to get the dynamic hotkeys working, so will either abandon the project or figure something else out.
evilC

25 Jun 2018, 08:53

I have a dynamic hotkey engine here: https://autohotkey.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=38651
The normal AHK one is a bit of a pain to use and a bit limited. This library contains all the code to allow users to bind to what they want, and will store the hotkeys in an INI file and reload them.
It can also save and restore the state of GUIcontrols

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”