shift to be applied to next key

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
kruul

shift to be applied to next key

23 Jun 2018, 23:35

Hi,

I am on my way to write a one handed keyboard (or rather alter one that I found on this forum to fit my language layout) and would like to change the left shift key to be applied on the next key pressed as opposed to be pressed at the same time. It is a little bit hard to press say q and shift at the same time with the pinkie to get Q so would be nice to press shift, release shift, and then press q to get Q.

This would need to work on any key following or rather anything that is sent by the next key press, as I have remapped some to be able to mirror swedish letters, i.e CapsLock+space (space mirrors the keyboards) makes ä so following original problem then if this is follows the left shift it should give Ä, and of course shift (release) then a would give A.
Rohwedder

Re: shift to be applied to next key

24 Jun 2018, 01:34

Hallo,
try:

Code: Select all

$LShift::
Send, {LShift Down}
Input, Key, VL1
Send, {LShift Up}
Return
kruul

24 Jun 2018, 03:37

Hi,

Thanks for the swift response. It works fine for the next key however in my one hand keyboard layout I am using shift with a second key to mirror. and that output is not capitalized as the code only acts on the shift and not whatever the shift+key equals to. any guesses? it cant go on next two keys as half of the keys are single press and half are "double"press (i.e with the space). so basically need to add something like

if next key is space and key
grab the outcome and capitalize it.
Rohwedder

24 Jun 2018, 08:33

Hallo,
I need the code of at least one of these "double"press (i.e with the space)-Keys.
kruul

25 Jun 2018, 03:28

Hi

yes makes sense to give you the code. As I have stated I am reusing one some code I have found in the archived forum and I am fairly new to AHK although I can guess what some of the code do.

Also while I am at it. I need to remap some of the special characters in particular @ that is pressed with altgr 2 to remap it to alt 2 it seems to be working the way I have written it when I have a script that does only that but for what ever reason it does not work in the se.ahk file along with the other files. If you could have a look at that one as well it would be nice. I think that there is some code there that remaps hotkeys aswell but dont really get how it works yet. The other altgr remaps seems to work to get the brackets etc..

Much appreciated.
Attachments
se.ahk
(6.56 KiB) Downloaded 9 times
Rohwedder

25 Jun 2018, 06:52

Hallo,
I'm sorry, but it would take me hours to understand this script so far that I could improve it.
Supposedly it seems to be able to write capital letters:
; version 3a script, mod by hugov:
; 2008-10-31:
; - mixed with "Capitalize letters after 1 second hold" at request of Calibran
; http://www.autohotkey.com/forum/post-228311.html#228311
kruul

25 Jun 2018, 15:03

hi

just looking at some of the scripts I think I can figure out a soulution to tailor my needs.

thanks for your help

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”