Copying visible text to clipboard.

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
ROFLance

Copying visible text to clipboard.

24 Jun 2018, 19:56

Hello all! I've been using ahk for years now and I've implemented it at work to set serial numbers on our PCB's. When a new board is plugged in, the hostname shows up in our manager software as "vlx-series-dec-0000" but not always in the same spot in the manager. Below that is the IP address of the unit, (169.254.xxx.xxx) and it is always different.
I'm trying to figure out a way to copy the IP address to the clipboard or as a variable and then paste that into PuTTY for the serialization process, rather than manually typing the IP in. The hostname and IP address are all visible text, according to window spy. The text I'd like to copy is about 12 pixels down and 12 pixels to the right of the hostname. Does anyone have any ideas on how to do this? I'd appreciate it very much. Here is a screenshot of the software I'm using:

On a side note, I'm also trying to figure out how to use ControlClick to right click one of the hostnames. I tried using it to right click "bedroom-dec-0426" with the following code to no avail.

Code: Select all

!d::
WinActivate, ahk_class WindowsForms10.Window.8.app.0.141b42a_r6_ad1
WinWaitActive, ahk_class WindowsForms10.Window.8.app.0.141b42a_r6_ad1
ControlClick,,, bedroom-dec-0426, right
return

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”