Passing varaible to external powershell inside AHK Topic is solved

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
shadad

Passing varaible to external powershell inside AHK

25 Jun 2018, 00:46

Hi there :D

am preparing a long script to retrieve the LAPS password in to a variable and print it to a msgbox. i have this nice script that do the job silently and print the result to msgbox perfectly. however, when i replaced the server name by the variable %VAR% which i set it before its not working and shows nothing. its only work if i mention the computer name as string but not as %VAR% variable! i think the %VAR% is not replaced or passed to that command for some reason.

can any one advice? :roll:

Code: Select all

DetectHiddenWindows On
VAR = exampleServerNEW
Run %ComSpec%,, Hide, pid
WinWait ahk_pid %pid%
DllCall("AttachConsole", "UInt", pid)
WshShell := ComObjCreate("Wscript.Shell")
exec := WshShell.Exec("powershell.exe -command ""Get-AdmPwdPassword -ComputerName %VAR% |  foreach { $_.Password }""")
output := exec.StdOut.ReadAll()
MsgBox %output%
DllCall("FreeConsole")
Process Close, %pid%
return
shadad

Re: Passing varaible to external powershell inside AHK  Topic is solved

26 Jun 2018, 01:43

Got it myself :D. damn this took almost 3 days/

after long testing the script work perfect. all if i have to do is changing my code from this :

exec := WshShell.Exec("powershell.exe -command ""Get-AdmPwdPassword -ComputerName %VAR% |  foreach { $_.Password }""")
to this :

exec := WshShell.Exec("powershell.exe -command Get-AdmPwdPassword "-ComputerName VAR "|  foreach { $_.Password }")

I need to dig deep to find out why the reason. testing and assuming is not what i like. am still new to Autohotkey scripts but am learning.

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”