Using AHK to disable Windows 10 hotkeys, sending the keystrokes to another application Topic is solved

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys

Using AHK to disable Windows 10 hotkeys, sending the keystrokes to another application  Topic is solved

25 Jun 2018, 10:10

I'm really stumped here. Even after disabling Windows+key hotkeys in group policy editor, there are still a LOT of Windows hotkeys that will invoke a hard-coded behavior. I am trying to basically disable ALL of the Win+key hotkeys, except leave the hotkey combos available to be captured/used as shortcuts for actions in REAPER.

So far, I've only figured out how to totally disable hotkeys so that they simply don't do anything (as if the keys weren't being pressed at all). But what I really want to do is to simply pass ALL of the win+key hotkeys to REAPER instead of having the Windows 10 OS capture them and trigger a bunch of crap I really don't need (or want) hotkeys for.

Does anyone know how I can do this? Is AutoHotkey capable of sending specific keystrokes to a specific running application when it is the active application, and making them do nothing otherwise? If so, how can I script this?

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”