Disable mouse button, yet not.. (now with REWARD) Topic is solved

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
dx34354

Disable mouse button, yet not.. (now with REWARD)

25 Jun 2018, 12:23

i'm back. if i could get this done, i would be ever so happy. (so happy in fact, i'd reward the 1st working reply, if they so wish, with a steam game or two. got plenty of unused keys from bundles.)

the game i am playing auto assigns the middle mouse button (MButton) to zoom. the in-game settings do not allow changing that specific feature. (the zoom) in other words there is no key for zoom like there are for other things. i call this a "hard coded" keybind. filthy game devs.

soooo. what i would like to do is this;

1.) disable the MButton from being what the game wants..
2.) remap it to do what i want (which is walk forward)
at the same time...

i can do part 2 just fine via MButton::w
easy peasy. however, and obviously, during gameplay the zoom is still there too. the game is in third person so what happens is i walk/run forward just like i want, via the mouse button, whilst the damn zoom kicks in too. it's playable but really not cool.

i am almost certain there must be a way to 1st disable the game's use of the MButton and also make it do what i want. i know i could disable the zoom via; MButton::return, but that kills the button completely.

i tried;

y::MButton
MButton::w

thinking the 1st step remaps the zoom to y and then middle button walks forward. it does, but the "hardcoded" zoom is still there too.

i'm hoping and praying that there is a kind of;
MButton::return
MButton::wakeup :: w

or whatever to do what i need.

please brothers, HELP!!!
Last edited by dx34354 on 29 Jun 2018, 13:22, edited 1 time in total.
swagfag

Re: disable mouse button, yet not..

25 Jun 2018, 13:06

there is: https://github.com/evilC/AutoHotInterception

u need to, well, intercept the MButton signal coming in, suppress it and send out your desired remapped key instead of it
dx34354

25 Jun 2018, 21:05

swagfag wrote:there is: https://github.com/evilC/AutoHotInterception

u need to, well, intercept the MButton signal coming in, suppress it and send out your desired remapped key instead of it
WARNING

TAKE CARE when using this code. Because Interception is a driver, and sits below windows proper, blocking with Interception goes so deep that it can even block CTRL+ALT+DEL etc. As such, it is entirely possible to lock up all input, or at least make life a little difficult.
yeah, this sounds too scary and crazy. i'll pass..
does this mean AHK can't do it?

hmm, kinda strange though. i have another game (orcs must die) that does this too. that is, it binds not one but three mouse buttons to unchangable in-game hard coded keybinds. this game doesn't actually have a setting for any key changes. you can see via the below picture what the freaky devs want people to use. insane!

so, back in 2011 when it (orcs must die) came out, i used this script;

z::a
x::d
MButton::w
RButton::s
XButton1::RButton
XButton2::e
LAlt::MButton

the above code works perfectly. no issues whatsoever or dual use buttons. when i move back (whilst holding crossbow) i do juat that, move back. not moving back and using weapon's secondary fire. that is now assigned to mouse side button 1. when i press the mouse right button i just move back - nothing else. i also zoom in only when i press left alt and not when i press the middle mouse button. when i press the mouse middle button i just move forward, as i want and have programed. in fact, this last one, is exactly what is happening in the other game, (metal gear solid v) yet in this one, the script does exactly what i want, but not in the other game. strange. perhaps it's somehow the game engine.
swagfag

26 Jun 2018, 04:42

some games react to whatever the OS reports.
some read your raw mouse input directly.
some do both.

for those that do, you need something operating below the OS-level to gobble up the original input, modify it as per your needs and finally send it out back again.
AHK alone operates at the OS-level and cant do that. What you need is a driver. Interception is just that.

had orcs must die been using raw mouse input, youd have been casting secondary spells every time u took a step back(going by the script u posted RButton::s)
so, your courses of action here are the following:
  • use the driver
  • message the devs and ask them to stop hardcoding binds in
  • reconcile with the fact that youre never gonna be able to rebind it the way you wanted to
dx34354

26 Jun 2018, 12:07

i just don't know yet. i still think ahk could maybe do it.. somehow.. also fyi, using drivers and "heavy shit" like that, carries a risk (illegal imo, but that's another issue) that with some games, you could get banned or such if their anti cheat software gets triggered.

i mean MButton::return does disable the mgsv middle button so this proves ahk is overriding the game. it would be proof the game is "too powerful" if doing that did nothing. so this tells me the game can be "overpowered" by ahk, just that how do you kill the hardcoded input and replace it with yours?

1.) nah, not that important. i'll either just not play the game, or use another key, begrudgingly.
2.) yeah, konami. or hideo who left and can't do anything - not that he would. he's a lunatic japanese millionaire. i don't even think regular folk have any way to contact him..
3.) see 1.

frankly, what needs to happen is for mice to have a proper middle and separate scroll as a button, not this shared scroll/middle button crap. and i don't mean side buttons either. (i have two of those anyway) i mean three real "on top" buttons and a scrollwheel that is also a button too, so technically 4 main mouse buttons.
dx34354

29 Jun 2018, 13:21

REWARD, 50USD

:terms: If anyone can make AHK do what I ask above, they get fifty dollars.
dx34354

Re: Disable mouse button, yet not.. (now with REWARD)  Topic is solved

06 Jul 2018, 04:33

..and no more reward. VOID!!

i, get this, installed the logitech software and that "powerful" baby can override the game. booya. now i know and will be able to use it for any other stubborn games. not that there should be many more. this is the 1st one i can remember and i play plenty. i'm so happy. :superhappy:

either way, ahk should have some extra special kinky generic "driver" option too for those who would want to use that when the regular scripting fails.

ps: i'll be back!

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”