AHK Windows installation problem

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
cdemos

AHK Windows installation problem

10 Jul 2018, 10:41

I've used AHK in the past with quite a bit of success. I recently had to reinstall windows 7, and after the clean install, I installed AHK 1.1.29.01. I'm not seeing the correct context items in windows explorer. Before, I could right click an AHK file and the context menu had options to compile, and under "new" one to create a new AHK script. If I double clicked an AHK script, it would run. None of that is working. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling. Then tried uninstalling and installing an older version. No luck. Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Charles
Qysh

Re: AHK Windows installation problem

10 Jul 2018, 10:58

cdemos wrote:I've used AHK in the past with quite a bit of success. I recently had to reinstall windows 7, and after the clean install, I installed AHK 1.1.29.01. I'm not seeing the correct context items in windows explorer. Before, I could right click an AHK file and the context menu had options to compile, and under "new" one to create a new AHK script. If I double clicked an AHK script, it would run. None of that is working. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling. Then tried uninstalling and installing an older version. No luck. Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Charles

Code: Select all

Did you restart your pc?
cdemos

Re: AHK Windows installation problem

10 Jul 2018, 12:36

Yes, a couple of times. I went in and made sure program files and app data were all clear after uninstall as well.

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”