Prevent the Shortcut from Writing to the Text Field.

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
hasantr

Prevent the Shortcut from Writing to the Text Field.

13 Jul 2018, 01:09

NumLock+Any Number. Sample(NumLock+5) = 2015/

I am sending a text to the text writing field. But I had to use Backspace. Because the shortcut key also writes to the text field. Backspace can cause problems.
How can I handle it? I want a solution to not write the shortcut to the text field instead of Backspace or Ctrl + Z.

Code: Select all

#NoEnv  ; Recommended for performance and compatibility with future AutoHotkey releases.uytu
#SingleInstance Force ; Allow only one running instance of script.
SendMode Input  ; Recommended for new scripts due to its superior speed and reliability.
SetWorkingDir %A_ScriptDir%  ; Ensures a consistent starting directory.

SetNumLockState, AlwaysOn

dize := ["2011/","2012/","2013/","2014/","2015/","2016/","2017/","2018/","2009/","2010/"]

YilGir:
KeyWait, NumLock, D
Loop,
{
	Input, ts, L1 V
	if( ts = 0 || ts = 1 || ts = 2 || ts = 3|| ts = 4 || ts = 5|| ts = 6|| ts = 7|| ts = 8|| ts = 9)
	{
		If (GetKeyState("NumLock", "P"))
		{
			if(ts = 0) 
				ts := 10 

;Send, {Control Down}{z}{Control Up}
			Send, {Backspace}
			SendRaw, % dize[ts]
		}
	}
	Break
}
Goto,YilGir
return
hasantr

Re: Prevent the Shortcut from Writing to the Text Field.

13 Jul 2018, 06:02

Input, ts, L1 V
In short, I do not want to write letter using this command. But he writes. I have to delete it with backspace.
MannyKSoSo

13 Jul 2018, 06:59

You could do this

#NoEnv  ; Recommended for performance and compatibility with future AutoHotkey releases.uytu
SendMode Input  ; Recommended for new scripts due to its superior speed and reliability.

dize := ["2011/","2012/","2013/","2014/","2015/","2016/","2017/","2018/","2009/","2010/"]

NumLock::
Input, ts, L1
if( ts = 0 || ts = 1 || ts = 2 || ts = 3|| ts = 4 || ts = 5|| ts = 6|| ts = 7|| ts = 8|| ts = 9)
{
	{
		if(ts = 0) 
		;Send, {Control Down}{z}{Control Up}
		SendRaw, % dize[ts]
	}
}
return
Edit:
V: Visible. Normally, the user's input is blocked (hidden from the system). Use this option to have the user's keystrokes sent to the active window.
hasantr

13 Jul 2018, 07:50

Thank you. Everything is so easy.

There is a problem. "V:Visible" I can not write anything without .
MannyKSoSo

13 Jul 2018, 07:55

What are you trying to write with the Visible option?
hasantr

13 Jul 2018, 13:57

MannyKSoSo wrote:What are you trying to write with the Visible option?
Anything.

Input, ts, L1 
and then my keyboard does not work anymore.

Input, ts, L1 V
There is no problem using the V: option, but then it sends the printed key.
MannyKSoSo

13 Jul 2018, 14:08

So I think the problem is with the loop and the gosub back to the start of that loop. If you just have it only as a hot key like in my example my keyboard works, then when I want to send that key I just hold it down and hit the number. As I am typing this I have the script running, and when I press and hold the numpad and press 3 I get this 2013/ and can type afterwards. Make sure you are encoding to the right format as well. Personally I use UTF-8-BOM for my scripts.
hasantr

13 Jul 2018, 15:15

MannyKSoSo wrote:So I think the problem is with the loop and the gosub back to the start of that loop. If you just have it only as a hot key like in my example my keyboard works, then when I want to send that key I just hold it down and hit the number. As I am typing this I have the script running, and when I press and hold the numpad and press 3 I get this 2013/ and can type afterwards. Make sure you are encoding to the right format as well. Personally I use UTF-8-BOM for my scripts.
The problem was a numerical mouse. :)
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/hel ... se-pointer

I turned off the numeric mouse completely.

Thank you. Thanks to your help.

#NoTrayIcon

NumLock::
Input, ts, L1

if( ts = 0 || ts = 1 || ts = 2 || ts = 3|| ts = 4 || ts = 5|| ts = 6|| ts = 7|| ts = 8|| ts = 9|| ts = "/")
             {
                          {
                                       ;Send, {Backspace}
                                       Send, % dize[ts]

if(ts = 0) 

if(ts = "/")
                                                    Send, {Home}{Shift Down}{End}{Shift Up}
                          }
             }
return
hasantr

13 Jul 2018, 15:29

Can I check if the cursor is in the text field?

if(cursorOnTextArea)
{
Send,"Ahk Ahk Ahk..."
}
MannyKSoSo

13 Jul 2018, 17:00

You can look up the the focus control https://autohotkey.com/docs/commands/Co ... tFocus.htm specific for ControlGetFocus which you can get a loop for something like this

ControlGetFocus, OutputVar, Untitled - Notepad
if ErrorLevel
    MsgBox, The target window doesn't exist or none of its controls has input focus.
else
    MsgBox, Control with focus = %OutputVar%
However this doesn't do the specific text field. If its a custom ahk gui its easier to do, but if you are on a website trying to input information then I think (could be wrong) use a ComObject to check if you have a text field focused. Other than that I'm unsure you can know if its in a text field. A possible work around could be a tab through different text field after the first one selected (if there are multiple text fields you need to input information).

Edit: #If MouseIsOver("ahk_class (TextField)") would probably be the best bet looking at it more, but its still a more complex problem knowing if you have your cursor over a text box.
hasantr

14 Jul 2018, 18:01

MannyKSoSo wrote:You can look up the the focus control https://autohotkey.com/docs/commands/Co ... tFocus.htm specific for ControlGetFocus which you can get a loop for something like this

ControlGetFocus, OutputVar, Untitled - Notepad
if ErrorLevel
    MsgBox, The target window doesn't exist or none of its controls has input focus.
else
    MsgBox, Control with focus = %OutputVar%
However this doesn't do the specific text field. If its a custom ahk gui its easier to do, but if you are on a website trying to input information then I think (could be wrong) use a ComObject to check if you have a text field focused. Other than that I'm unsure you can know if its in a text field. A possible work around could be a tab through different text field after the first one selected (if there are multiple text fields you need to input information).

Edit: #If MouseIsOver("ahk_class (TextField)") would probably be the best bet looking at it more, but its still a more complex problem knowing if you have your cursor over a text box.

It was a little complicated for me.
Thank you for everything.

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”