Hotkey behaves differently in Firefox since Windows Update

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
supplementfacts

Hotkey behaves differently in Firefox since Windows Update

15 Jul 2018, 16:34

Hi, I have a simple script on my Windows 7 machine to launch the search software Everything:

Code: Select all

#f::
{
Run, C:\Program Files (x86)\Everything\Everything.exe
return
}
It's always worked fine, but ever since a recent Windows Update it's behaving slightly differently. Now, when I'm in Firefox and I press Win+F, instead of opening Everything.exe, it opens Windows' useless search function ("Search Results", "To begin, type in the search box"). Outside of Firefox, it still works fine. Even in Chrome, it works fine. But Firefox somehow interferes with it.

Any ideas? Thanks.
supplementfacts

Re: Hotkey behaves differently in Firefox since Windows Update

16 Jul 2018, 18:42

OK, now it turns out that none of my scripts work when Firefox is the active window. They all work fine when anything else is the active window. I don't know if this is due to the Windows Update or a Firefox update.

Does anyone have any idea why this might be happening? Thanks.
gregster

16 Jul 2018, 20:56

Firefox might be running with elevated rights (probably not necessary?)... try to run the script as admin and see if the behaviour changes.
TGO

17 Jul 2018, 20:05

I am having the same issue. None of my hotstrings are working in Firefox. I am not sure when exactly it happened, either windows update or Firefox update, but it stopped working recently. Posted the same on another thread with the same issue.
gregster

17 Jul 2018, 21:12

And? Did you try my advice?
For me, hotkeys and hotstrings are still working fine in Firefox (newest versions of Win10, Firefox and AHK).

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”