HOW CREATE HOTKEYS To the functions of a program - Create keyboard shortcuts to a program

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
rj8810

HOW CREATE HOTKEYS To the functions of a program - Create keyboard shortcuts to a program

17 Jul 2018, 00:01

Good morning everyone and Forgive me for my bad English

HOW CREATE HOTKEYS To the functions of a Graphical user interface of a program or aplication...

I would like to know if with a script ahk, autohotkey;
I can activate the function OR action of a program
Without clicking on the Graphical user interface (GUI) of this program, which does not have any shorcut for any of its functions...

Put another way for better understanding......Written in another way for a better understanding

I want to create a hotkey or shortcut for X-functions of X-Program (Since this program does not have any keyboard shortcuts for his functions) Without the graphical interface is maximized...
I do not want to do this with click and mouse movements...Because the graphical interface will always be minimized

It would be very useful for my blind mother and other people cannot see the buttons of a program.........

I have seen that in the manual of autohotkey Something as GUI OR Graphical user interface BUT I don't understand anything.....

Also, I saw a VBS SCRIPT for example:
' Open notepad
Set WshShell = WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
WshShell.Run "notepad.exe"
WshShell.Sendkeys "%f" (SIMULATE CLICK en "ARCHIVE" IN menú BAR) WshShell.Sendkeys “n” (simulate the action of clicking en "new" en the menú "archive") WshShell.Sendkeys "{Enter}" (simula hacer clic en "Aceptar" para terminar de crear un nuevo documento en Word)

thankyou for all
mshall

Re: HOW CREATE HOTKEYS To the functions of a program - Create keyboard shortcuts to a program

17 Jul 2018, 09:14

#n:: ;opens notepad++
run notepad++
return

Just use the run command. If you want it to open a new text box each time you can have it send something like:
run notepad++
sleep 1000
send !{N}
return

edit: changed send to alt+n for notepad++

Re: HOW CREATE HOTKEYS To the functions of a program - Create keyboard shortcuts to a program

17 Jul 2018, 09:51

@mshall don't send UPPER CASE LETTERS as that implies you are sending the shift key. So !n is alt+n and !N is alt+shift+n which may do something else. 8-)
rj8810

08 Aug 2018, 14:54

mshall wrote:#n:: ;opens notepad++
run notepad++
return

Just use the run command. If you want it to open a new text box each time you can have it send something like:
run notepad++
sleep 1000
send !{N}
return

edit: changed send to alt+n for notepad++
ok, thankyou....

Well ... the notebook was just an example ... with notebook it's easy because it has its own shorcut for almost all its functions,
but ..... I would like an autohotkey for x functions of x button of any graphical user interface of any program or application....
because many programs that I use do not have shorcut for many of its functions, ....

I do not know if autohotkey program can be integrated or interact with other programs and its functions ...
I know that I could use the commands mousemouve + coordinates with window name of the program, but this is not possible in my case ... because the windows of the programs that i use, are always minimized ... so I would like to be able to access the functions of these programs (or press its buttons) using autohotkeys without the window of these programs are maximized (or in other words, without using its graphic interface ..)

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”