Cant exit script, now im screwed

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
AnxietyRx

Cant exit script, now im screwed

20 Jul 2018, 00:29

So I made a script for a game, I bound my wheel down to send three letters "VEL", now it's like that permanently and I cant exit the script, even after putting in "Esc::ExitApp". This was my first time using AHK and now I cant use my scroll wheel. I just made a text file and saved it as an .ahk, if i try to compile it the green icon comes up as a new thing on my desktop but i cant open it because it says its already running and cant close it, which i assume is the issue. Even if I edit the script and save it nothing changes, editing the NotePad text file that is.
Last edited by AnxietyRx on 20 Jul 2018, 00:46, edited 1 time in total.
jeeswg

Re: Cant exit script, now im screwed

20 Jul 2018, 00:46

- Can you close it via the systray icon or Task Manager?
- Issues relating to reopening existing scripts can include: the #SingleInstance mode, and, the original script being run in admin mode, but the new script not being run in admin mode (see A_IsAdmin).
Last edited by jeeswg on 20 Jul 2018, 00:48, edited 1 time in total.
homepage | tutorials | wish list | fun threads | donate
WARNING: copy your posts/messages before hitting Submit as you may lose them due to CAPTCHA
AnxietyRx

20 Jul 2018, 00:48

its in a NotePad file, I can close it when I compile it but it wont even open it up anyway when i try to do that. Right now its a NotePad file and idk how to fix or revert it cause when I change anything in there nothing happens, its saved as an .ahk on my desktop but opens in NotePad
AnxietyRx

its in a NotePad file, I can close it when I compile it but it wont even open it up anyway when i try to do that. Right now its a NotePad file and idk how to fix or revert it cause when I change anything in there nothing happens, its saved as an .ahk on my desktop but opens in NotePad
AnxietyRx

swagfag

20 Jul 2018, 03:51

reboot ur pc to clear any running scripts. reboot into safe mode if uve somehow managed to shove the script in ur starup folder, then delete it from there.

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”