Excel compare cells value from different workbooks

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
Oldboy

Excel compare cells value from different workbooks

09 Aug 2018, 03:19

Hi, I've search a lot, but I'cant find the way to compare the values of cells located in different workbooks in Excel.
What I need is a string to resolve this: "If the value of current cell in workbook1 is equal to the value of current cell in workbook2 do this..."
I think that I can't handle different workbooks, but maybe there is a way to compare the value of the cells.
Thanks
toralf

Re: Excel compare cells value from different workbooks

09 Aug 2018, 15:51

You could have two COM objects that have each one of the excel files open. Then you can compare cells.
Or you insert a formula in Excel to compare the cells, then you do not even need AHK.
ciao
toralf
Oldboy

Re: Excel compare cells value from different workbooks

17 Aug 2018, 01:14

Thanks toralf
toralf wrote:You could have two COM objects that have each one of the excel files open. Then you can compare cells.
Yes, I know, but i need an action if the cells value are equal, so i prefer to use AHK directly.
toralf wrote:You could have two COM objects that have each one of the excel files open. Then you can compare cells.
I've tried to make a test with every COM (active, get, exc..), but I'm not able to handle two files, it remind me always an error on the second files.

oWorkbook:= ComObjActive("D:\TEST_A.xls")
oWorkbook.Sheets("Menu").Select
sleep, 200
oWorkbook1:= ComObjGet("D:\TEST_B.xls")
oWorkbook1.Sheets("Log").Select

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”