replicate diagonal arrow ?

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
Gaffgarion

replicate diagonal arrow ?

18 Aug 2018, 18:22

i have my notebook, but the problem is theres no diagonal arrow whatsoever, even using fn button theres nothing on my notebook keyboard that will turn into diagonal arrow
so is it possible to use autohotkey to replicate the diagonal arrow from numpad just like pc's keyboard?
i want it to be the true diagonal arrow that if its checked by some button recognizer(if its exist) it recognize it as diagonal arrow(↗️ as an example) not just up arrow and right arrow button pressed at the same time
thanks
gregster

Re: replicate diagonal arrow ?

18 Aug 2018, 18:35

In don't know any numpads with these diagonal arrows and I don't think, these are standard keys in any way.
On my two pc keyboards there are no diagonal arrows on the numpad and the keys in question don't work the way you are alluding to - default on numpads is this: 1 is end, 3 is Pagedown, 9 PageUp and 7 Home (depending on numlock state)

It is possible, though, that in certain games (or applications) you can use these buttons in the described way (but the program will implement it somehow), but I have doubts that they are available in standard programs - and you would lose the default numpad key actions that I mentioned above.
swagfag

18 Aug 2018, 18:42

i dont understand the question either. there are no diagonal keys on a numpad. do u want to type diagonal arrow symbols instead?

Code: Select all

Numpad4 & Numpad8::Send {U+2196}
jeeswg

18 Aug 2018, 18:55

Something like this maybe?

q::SendInput, {NumpadHome}
w::SendInput, {NumpadUp}
e::SendInput, {NumpadPgUp}
a::SendInput, {NumpadLeft}
s::SendInput, {NumpadClear}
d::SendInput, {NumpadRight}
z::SendInput, {NumpadEnd}
x::SendInput, {NumpadDown}
c::SendInput, {NumpadPgDn}
Esc::ExitApp

q::SendInput, {Numpad7}
w::SendInput, {Numpad8}
e::SendInput, {Numpad9}
a::SendInput, {Numpad4}
s::SendInput, {Numpad5}
d::SendInput, {Numpad6}
z::SendInput, {Numpad1}
x::SendInput, {Numpad2}
c::SendInput, {Numpad3}
Esc::ExitApp
homepage | tutorials | wish list | fun threads | donate
WARNING: copy your posts/messages before hitting Submit as you may lose them due to CAPTCHA
jackdunning

20 Sep 2018, 05:03

I have a script I call MousePrecise.ahk which moves the mouse cursor in diagonal directions using the numpad keys between the respective arrow keys:

http://www.computoredge.com/AutoHotkey/ ... usePrecise

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”