WheelUp for touchpad

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
carthagod

WheelUp for touchpad

05 Sep 2018, 06:06

Hi there!

I have a very simple yet useful script to control volume with a mouse scroll (see script bellow). If I press Control + scroll, the volume goes up/down. It used to work perfectally including when scrolling with my touchpad, but since recently it seems to no longer work with the touch pad, as if "WheelUp / WheelDown" is not triggered when scrolling with the touchpad. It still works fine with the mouse.

Any clue to solve this?
Thanks!

Code: Select all

!WheelUp::Send {Volume_Up 2}
!WheelDown::Send {Volume_Down 2} 
reyn

Re: WheelUp for touchpad

09 Oct 2021, 18:02

That's old topic, but i have totally same question = i have script with mouse wheel changing volume - how to add same behaviour when two-finger-scroll is used on laptop touchpad?
mikeyww

09 Oct 2021, 20:32

Code: Select all

^WheelUp::
^WheelDown::
SoundSet, Instr(A_ThisHotkey, "U") ? "-2" : "+2"
SoundBeep, 1000 + 500 * !Instr(A_ThisHotkey, "U")
If !WinExist("ahk_exe SndVol.exe")
 Run, SndVol -f 14877062
Return
reyn

10 Oct 2021, 02:12

Sorry, but you misunderstood the question - it's not about wheel scroll volume change, i already have good script that changes volume with mouse wheel scroll when mouse pointer is over taskbar, but if i try to use touchpad scroll nothing happens = so is there a way to recognize touchpad scrolling/gesture? In any program that has scrollbars i can use either mouse wheel or touchpad gesture, so i'd wish the script to recognize touchpad scroll same way.
mikeyww

10 Oct 2021, 06:33

On my laptop computer, this script works when I hold Ctrl and then use two fingers to scroll on the touchpad. Sorry I cannot reproduce your issue.

When you tried my script, with no other code and no other scripts running, and you do the same as I described above, what happens?
reyn

10 Oct 2021, 14:42

mikeyww wrote:
10 Oct 2021, 06:33
When you tried my script, with no other code and no other scripts running, and you do the same as I described above, what happens?
Well, first of all happens shrinking of text and icons, 'cause in most apps and windows itself Ctrl+Wheel does it.) So first i changed Ctrl > Shift(+). Tried again: with Shift+Mouse wheel = mixer opens and beeps changing sound, with Shift+Touchpad scroll = noting happens apart from cursor changing to scroll cursor.

I can imagine that it has smth to do with drivers on my side, thought one is installed and 2 finger scroll works(though not at all apps for some reason), maybe that's why it works on your side. My main question, can you please explain where in your script there are operations with touchpad?(i see only mouse wheel)
mikeyww

10 Oct 2021, 14:52

Note Windows Touchpad setting: "Drag two fingers to scroll". Is yours marked to accomplish this?

With that setting marked, on my laptop, the two-finger drag on the touchpad does a scroll, so nothing else special is needed in the script. If yours does not work, then yes, it may be an issue of a driver or conflicting mouse sofware utility (for example). Other possibilities are described on the page cited below.

Info: https://softwarekeep.com/help-center/two-finger-scroll-not-working-windows-10-fixed

Your description suggests that there might be a software conflict. If you use mouse utility software, you could try uninstalling or disabling it, if you like.

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”