AHK Compiler not working correctly after update

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
Swannie

AHK Compiler not working correctly after update

20 Sep 2018, 03:34

After long contemplation i decided to update/upgrade AHK from v1.1.28 to v1.1.30.0 , because as stated in a previous post, it became a real pita since +- version 1.1.23.
Well, after the usual copying and pasting, swapping etc,etc, i finally got the program to work, ( is definitely my very last update/upgrade) BUT.... now the Compiler does not work correctly.

1) It does NOT accept the input where to place the .exe File
2) It decided by itself which icon to use and no matter what i do, i cannot chance the icon.

I may be wrong, but it seems that the compiler has become outdated.

Help will be appreciated.

Have a very nice day.
Swannie

Re: AHK Compiler not working correctly after update

25 Sep 2018, 09:19

I uninstalled AHK v1.1.30.0 completely with 10bit Uninstall. Then try to install it again...NO SUCH LUCK !!

I get THREE errors: 1) Error creating AutoHotkey A32_UIA.exe
2) Error creating AutoHotkey_U32 UIA.exe
3) Error creating AutoHotkey_U64 UIA.exe

PLEASE Steve Gray ( or anybody else)...it`s no use updating this program, unless these known issues are fixed once and for all.

The Compiler also needs updating or fixing or whatever, as long as it will work once again as its supposed to.

I really appreciated this program through the years, but lately it`s neither fun nor convenient to use, while i am sure some clever, read brilliant, guy like Steve has the ability, to make this program outstanding like before. Updating, or installing, was a breeze and a pleasure - not this battle like the present.

Please, fix this program.
nnnik

25 Sep 2018, 12:31

I don't have your problem and its the first time I hear about it.
Its probably your antivirus blocking AHK.
Recommends AHK Studio
Swannie

26 Sep 2018, 03:09

Nope, My antivirus is not blocking AHK in any way.
I first reported the problem way back when i wanted to update/upgrade from +- AHK v 1.1.23.
The Compiler problem is a new one though....it does not accept any input where to place the compiled (.exe) program and it does not accept any of my own icons. It gets stuck on the first icon chosen and all subsequent compiled programs get the same icon.
nnnik

26 Sep 2018, 05:44

Thats indeed very strage.
Also how do you verify that your antivirus does not interfere with AutoHotkey in any way?
Do you give the Installer admin rights?
Where did you download the installer from?
For me it really is easy to update - I just download the installer and run it.
To me this seems like a problem that has to deal with your specific computer setup.
Without detailed steps that explain how you setup AHK, which versions you use and without a way to reproduce this behaviour, it cannot be fixed.
Recommends AHK Studio
gwarble

26 Sep 2018, 19:04

Try the regular (non UIA) version by:
1) Use regedit to delete hkcu\software\autohotkey
2) Delete c:\program files\autohotkey\ or equivalent for your system
3) Download a fresh copy of the latest version
4) Restart your computer in diagnostic or clean mode via msconfig
5) Right click on installer, Run as Administrator, and install with all defaults
6) Right click on Desktop, New > Ahk Script
7) Right click new.ahk, Edit, add new line "MsgBox" to the end, close notepad and save
8) Right click new ahk, Compile
9) Right click new.exe, Run as Administrator, and hopedully get a Msgbox
10) Restart in Normal mode and do the same
11) Then try running by double clicking new.exe, and let us know your results
EitherMouse - Multiple mice, individual settings . . . . www.EitherMouse.com . . . . forum . . . .
Swannie

28 Sep 2018, 17:21

@gwarble, I already did a complete uninstall and any trace of AHK was deleted from my laptop. Once again, when trying to install AHK v1.1.30.0, the same 3 errors in my 2nd post were shown again.

@nnik,I have Avast Premier Antivirus and AHK never was/is an issue. ( I get notified if or when a program gets blocked) The problem started at +- V1.1.23 when i bought a new laptop with Windows 10 .Even tried running AHK with Win XP compatibility, but nothing improved.

After copying all bin asc. files to AHK ,Compiler folder & script folder, and copying an older version (AHK v1.1.28) AHK.exe,into the compiler folder, i got the program to work.

The only problem still persisting is the compiler itself.
1) I cannot dictate where the .exe file should be placed. It simply does not accept any input in the GUI. ( it worked in v1.1.28)
2) The compiler only accepts the very fist icon i choose, Any compiled .exe after that one, gets the same icon. Therefore the "browse" function for other icons to be used does not work. ( also worked in v 1.1.28)

After compilation, the .exe file does work correctly, although all the compilations have the same icon now.
gregster

28 Sep 2018, 18:03

Avast is known as a troublemaker in combination with AHK.
Can the problem you describe be reproduced on a computer without Avast present (that means, not installed)?
( I get notified if or when a program gets blocked)
Afaik, that is not a reliable indicator of (all) antivirus actions...
gwarble

28 Sep 2018, 19:27

did you try the non-UIA version? did you try in diagnostic/clean mode?

edit: also try setting the UAC prompt to the highest or second to highest setting
EitherMouse - Multiple mice, individual settings . . . . www.EitherMouse.com . . . . forum . . . .
lexikos

29 Sep 2018, 07:08

Swannie wrote:I already did a complete uninstall and any trace of AHK was deleted from my laptop.
If no one else is having these issues with either an update or clean install, that, to me, pretty clearly indicates that either there are traces you haven't removed (which AutoHotkey likely is not responsible for creating) or the cause is not AutoHotkey.

Examples of traces might be application compatibility settings stored in the registry. For instance, these might cause Ahk2Exe to run as admin, which would prevent drag and drop from explorer (but not other issues). There was a script called Compatibility Mode Checker which was very useful for listing and removing these settings (for all applications) but I'm not sure if it's still available.
I have Avast Premier Antivirus and AHK never was/is an issue.
As an IT support person, I hear this all the time: "it was never an issue before". Well, you obviously have a problem now, and AutoHotkey is unlikely to be the only change on your system. Antivirus programs update constantly and updates are often known to introduce new issues. In my professional experience with various and sometimes strange issues, there's only one way to rule out antivirus as the cause: uninstall it completely, run removal tools and confirm all drivers and services have been removed.
( I get notified if or when a program gets blocked)
You may think so, but that's irrelevant. I have seen antivirus programs cause many issues (most unrelated to AutoHotkey) without fessing up via notification. One relevant example is that some versions of AVG caused the "EXE corrupted" when compiling scripts, with no notification or record.
1) I cannot dictate where the .exe file should be placed. It simply does not accept any input in the GUI. ( it worked in v1.1.28)
The compiler has not changed. It is just a compiled script. You can try running it uncompiled and debug the issues yourself. See https://github.com/fincs/Ahk2Exe
2) The compiler only accepts the very fist icon i choose, Any compiled .exe after that one, gets the same icon.
Make sure the icon really is not changing - e.g. have the script itself show the icon. Explorer caches icons and will often show you the wrong icon if it has one cached for a given filename.
Swannie

29 Sep 2018, 12:09

@ lexikos,

Your time and effort in your reply is much appreciated and i surely accept your superior knowledge, but hey, at my age (58) i am also allowed to be stupid. :crazy: :lol:

Thanks also to all the other members for their input. :+1:

My AHK Program works fine.
My Compiler works fine.....only a slight irritation which i still have to sort out. On the surface it looks like it does not accept my custom icons, yet when i go to "properties" , the correct icon shows. Will experiment ( now sure how to do it) how to include the icon of my choice to show in the compiled program. I know how to include the Menu tray icon though...will start from there.

Thanks a lot !!
Have a nice day :) :D
DRocks

29 Sep 2018, 18:41

I also have a question related to the topic of compiling a script that does not output the same result as the .ahk script itself ran from the IDE.

I have a function which loads and autoselect names from a listbox with the user input. This is working fine when ran from AHK studio directly (uncompiled).
But then I have noticed that this function alone is not working when compiled (from the action menu "COMPILE" in AHK studio).

Prior to noticing this error, i also had problems with { } that were used solely for the indention of some hotkeys with no link to an if statement or anything just plain visual aid. This worked when ran from AHK Studio. But compiled reported unexpected { } at random lines where there was no indication of any { } . It was pretty messy to go through versions to find where it started happening until I realised it was those lonely brackets.

So my question is rather simple in the essence...
Why does compiling output a different behavior on some features that work properly uncompiled?
And the sub question if you have time is.. how do you prevent that without compiling test every 10 mins?
DRocks

30 Sep 2018, 11:28

re-last post:

I have found what causes the compiling problem and its a nitpick

This will NOT work when compiling but works uncompiled:

Code: Select all

/*-----------------------------------------------------  Loop start ---
*/Loop, Parse, % Fournisseurs_IniListe, |					; <---  /* this can't be followed by anything except commented stuff
{
This WILL work compiled and uncompiled:

Code: Select all

/*-----------------------------------------------------  Loop start ---
*/ 												; <--- /* this can't be followed by anything except commented stuff
Loop, Parse, % Fournisseurs_IniListe, |
{
hope this helps someone else! I was freaking out but now I'm happy that all is working compiled. Beware of wierd ways of commenting your metrial it can introduce errors like those I made (why I even cared about using bypass comments is for the vivid blue outline in my editor)
ThewarII

30 Sep 2018, 12:53

I long time ago (I guess it in 2013) I got virus blocked download ahk.
So check & kill virus & disable block ahk if antivirus block it.
I :superhappy:(happy) when I know about AHK.
I have & am using AHK to do anything in windows microsoft.
The first time, I know it in around year 2013.

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”