[SOLVED] Recent type text (history)

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
Peace1

[SOLVED] Recent type text (history)

24 Mar 2015, 15:22

Hello,

I would like to know how can I code in my script a editbox or combobox to display the text input history.

It's a IP/Connexion tool and the user type the IP/Host in an editbox and i want an history so the user can select an IP typed before.

Thank you in advance for the help !

Best regards.
Last edited by Peace1 on 19 Apr 2015, 08:15, edited 1 time in total.
kon

Re: [HELP] Recent type text (history)

24 Mar 2015, 16:37

Code: Select all

Gui, Add, ComboBox, w300 vCB1,
Gui, Add, Button, gOk vB1, Ok
Gui, Show
return

GuiClose:
GuiEscape:
ExitApp

Ok:
Gui, Submit, NoHide
History .= CB1 "|"
Sort, History, U D|
MsgBox, Current selection = %CB1%
GuiControl, , CB1, |%History%
return
Peace1

24 Mar 2015, 17:07

Hi kon !

Pretty good :) thank you for this great example, just do the work !!

Do you think it's possible to keep this history after closing the script ? In this way is the user close the script he can access to the history another time.

Thank you very much for the help i appreciate it !

Best regards.
kon

24 Mar 2015, 17:31

You will need to write the history to a file and load the file when the script starts.
Some useful commands for reading/writing files are: FileAppend, FileRead, FileDelete, IniRead, and IniWrite
Peace1

25 Mar 2015, 02:49

kon wrote:You will need to write the history to a file and load the file when the script starts.
Some useful commands for reading/writing files are: FileAppend, FileRead, FileDelete, IniRead, and IniWrite
OK I will try to use those functions with an INI file, thank you to put le on the right way !

Another question, do you think it's possible to show/complete the text typed by the user. I mean if the user type for example xxx.xxx.xxx and then yyy.xxx.xxx The combobox can show/complete the text when the user type again xxx. And in a second time add a clear button history.

Is like the same use of Teamviewer when you try to connect to another computer.

Big thank you in advance for your reply.

Have a good day, best regards.
Peace1

25 Mar 2015, 11:13

Hi i'm back again !

I found this little snippet and do you think is possible to adapt it to work only with a combobox or editbox ? And have the possibility to delete on item if the user want or clear history !

Source : http://www.autohotkey.com/board/topic/2 ... entry49491

Thank you, regards.

25 Mar 2015, 16:13

I haven't studied your code but this might be the easiest "plug & play" solution to adapt in to your script http://www.autohotkey.com/board/topic/6 ... iedit-v02/
Peace1

25 Mar 2015, 17:20

Invité wrote:I haven't studied your code but this might be the easiest "plug & play" solution to adapt in to your script http://www.autohotkey.com/board/topic/6 ... iedit-v02/
Hi ! Thank you for the link, i take a look in the code and we are close to my request, i tried to change some lines a put an ComboBox but the result is not really what i want.

I see this code AutoComplete by Uberi and i would like something like that but not so complicate ^^

Something like that :

BTW thank you for the help !

Regards.

26 Mar 2015, 13:52

This is what I use regularly, adopted it here so that you can use up/down and when you press enter it copies the selection to search field. Not entirely what you're after I think but for that you would need a second gui floating near the filter field showing the results that match your typed text. Perhaps this code is enough to get you started, the search bit is short, most of the code just handles the up/down keys.

iplist=
(join`n
)

GUITitle=IPSearch

StartList:=""
loop, parse, iplist, `n
	 StartList .= A_LoopField "|"

Gui, Search:Destroy
Gui, Search:Add, Text, x5 y8 w45 h15, &Filter:
Gui, Search:Add, Edit, gGetText vGetText x50 y5 w150 h20 +Left,
Gui, Search:Add, ListBox, x50 y30 w150 h150 vChoice, %StartList%
Gui, Search:Add, Button, default hidden gSearchChoice, OK ; so we can easily press enter
Gui, Search:Show, h200 w595, %GUITitle%
Return

GetText:
Gui, Search:Submit, NoHide
Loop, Parse, StartList, |
	{
	 re:="iUms)" GetText
	 if InStr(GetText,A_Space) ; prepare regular expression to ensure search is done independent on the position of the words
		re:="iUms)(?=.*" RegExReplace(GetText,"iUms)(.*)\s","$1)(?=.*") ")"
	 if RegExMatch(A_LoopField,re) 
		UpdatedStartList .= A_LoopField "|"
	}
GuiControl, Search:, ListBox1, |%UpdatedStartList%
GetText=
UpdatedStartList=
Return

SearchChoice:
if (Choice = "")
	{
	 ControlFocus, ListBox1, A
	 ControlSend, ListBox1, {down}, A
	}
GuiControl, Search:,GetText,%Choice%
Return

#IfWinActive, IPSearch
Up::
SendMessage, 0x188, 0, 0, ListBox1, %GUITitle%  ; 0x188 is LB_GETCURSEL (for a ListBox).
PreviousPos:=ErrorLevel+1
ControlSend, ListBox1, {Up}, %GUITitle%
SendMessage, 0x18b, 0, 0, ListBox1, %GUITitle%  ; 0x18b is LB_GETCOUNT (for a ListBox).
ItemsInList:=ErrorLevel
SendMessage, 0x188, 0, 0, ListBox1, %GUITitle%  ; 0x188 is LB_GETCURSEL (for a ListBox).
ChoicePos:=ErrorLevel+1
If (ChoicePos = PreviousPos)
	{
	 SendMessage, 0x18b, 0, 0, ListBox1, %GUITitle%  ; 0x18b is LB_GETCOUNT (for a ListBox).
	 SendMessage, 390, (Errorlevel-1), 0, ListBox1, %GUITitle%  ; LB_SETCURSEL = 390
	}
Return

Down::
ControlSend, ListBox1, {Down}, %GUITitle%
	SendMessage, 390, 0, 0, ListBox1, %GUITitle%  ; LB_SETCURSEL = 390 - position 'one'
Return
#IfWinActive

SearchGuiClose:
SearchGuiEscape:
Return
Peace1

17 Apr 2015, 11:01

Invité wrote:This is what I use regularly, adopted it here so that you can use up/down and when you press enter it copies the selection to search field. Not entirely what you're after I think but for that you would need a second gui floating near the filter field showing the results that match your typed text. Perhaps this code is enough to get you started, the search bit is short, most of the code just handles the up/down keys.

iplist=
(join`n
)

GUITitle=IPSearch

StartList:=""
loop, parse, iplist, `n
	 StartList .= A_LoopField "|"

Gui, Search:Add, Text, x5 y8 w45 h15, &Filter:
Gui, Search:Add, Edit, gGetText vGetText x50 y5 w150 h20 +Left,
Gui, Search:Add, ListBox, x50 y30 w150 h150 vChoice, %StartList%
Gui, Search:Add, Button, default hidden gSearchChoice, OK ; so we can easily press enter
Gui, Search:Show, h200 w595, %GUITitle%
Return

GetText:
Loop, Parse, StartList, |
	{
	 re:="iUms)" GetText
	 if InStr(GetText,A_Space) ; prepare regular expression to ensure search is done independent on the position of the words
		re:="iUms)(?=.*" RegExReplace(GetText,"iUms)(.*)\s","$1)(?=.*") ")"
	 if RegExMatch(A_LoopField,re) 
		UpdatedStartList .= A_LoopField "|"
	}
GuiControl, Search:, ListBox1, |%UpdatedStartList%
GetText=
UpdatedStartList=
Return

SearchChoice:
if (Choice = "")
	{
	 ControlFocus, ListBox1, A
	 ControlSend, ListBox1, {down}, A
	}
GuiControl, Search:,GetText,%Choice%
Return

#IfWinActive, IPSearch
Up::
ControlSend, ListBox1, {Up}, %GUITitle%
	{
	 SendMessage, 390, (Errorlevel-1), 0, ListBox1, %GUITitle%  ; LB_SETCURSEL = 390
	}
Return

Down::
ControlSend, ListBox1, {Down}, %GUITitle%
	SendMessage, 390, 0, 0, ListBox1, %GUITitle%  ; LB_SETCURSEL = 390 - position 'one'
Return
#IfWinActive

SearchGuiClose:
SearchGuiEscape:
Return
Hi,

Sorry to reply you with late but i was very busy this last weeks...

I tried your code but i have the same problem as AutoComplete's Uberi script. Perhaps someone more skilled than me can give me the good solution :)

Here is my post where i explain my problem !

Thank you in advance, regards.

17 Apr 2015, 17:30

I don't see that behaviour - so I suggest you close all scripts and just run AutoComplete on its own (or my script above) and I doubt you will see it - my guess is something else is interfering - you will have to figure out what that something is ...
Peace1

18 Apr 2015, 05:26

Invité wrote:I don't see that behaviour - so I suggest you close all scripts and just run AutoComplete on its own (or my script above) and I doubt you will see it - my guess is something else is interfering - you will have to figure out what that something is ...
Hi,

I followed your advices and try all scripts again after reboot my computer so no other script was running.
I downloaded again AutoComplete and your script run them on it own !
The problem still here, i give you some screenshot so you can see it. In your script is the same case. I hope you can help me with this little issue. I tried to contact Uberi but at the moment i don't have any response...

Image Image Image

As you can see if i type 123 or 11 that show me two results but i only want that show me the correspondence for the start of typed word. I feel it's looking in whole of a match all words.

My goal is to manage the code of Uberi because this is the one I integrated in my project.

Regards.

18 Apr 2015, 05:41

I see what you mean know you want to search only from the start not anywhere in the word.

Changing https://github.com/Uberi/Autocomplete/b ... e.ahk#L355 to Pattern := CurrentWord should take care of that.
Peace1

18 Apr 2015, 06:24

Invité wrote:I see what you mean know you want to search only from the start not anywhere in the word.

Changing https://github.com/Uberi/Autocomplete/b ... e.ahk#L355 to Pattern := CurrentWord should take care of that.
Well you have understand what i mean :) but your solution is not working.

If i type u05 then in the suggestion frame there is no more suggestion...

I tried many things but i can't manage it :(

I think it's at this line but not sure : https://github.com/Uberi/Autocomplete/b ... e.ahk#L365

Regards.

18 Apr 2015, 06:40

Works for me - are you sure you REPLACED the line? The line Pattern := RegExReplace(CurrentWord,"S).","$0.*") should be completely removed from the code and replaced by my line above - the regexreplace is what makes it match what you type anywhere in the words you are searching because of the $0.* replacement pattern.

See http://imgur.com/F8Cy9qd I type u05 and there is only one match.
Peace1

18 Apr 2015, 07:14

Invité wrote:Works for me - are you sure you REPLACED the line? The line Pattern := RegExReplace(CurrentWord,"S).","$0.*") should be completely removed from the code and replaced by my line above - the regexreplace is what makes it match what you type anywhere in the words you are searching because of the $0.* replacement pattern.

See http://imgur.com/F8Cy9qd I type u05 and there is only one match.
Yes of course i replaced the line by the one you give me. I have the same result like you but it's not that i want.

Ideally i want in the suggestion the the entire word and not only "u05". If i type u05 i would like that appear "u05929".

I hope you see what i mean :) thank you

Edit: Thank to maestrith who found the solution !

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”