CPU monitor with history graph.

Post your working scripts, libraries and tools
drozdman

CPU monitor with history graph.

14 Mar 2018, 20:34

Continuing from the network monitor post.

I made this CPU monitor, not only because of the need to get rid off the Vista sidebar dependency. I used to use this great gadget All CPU Meter, but I had some issues with it. I wanted to make a single bar for the CPU usage. I didn't want many bars for multi-core processor. That's too much unnecessary info, takes too much space. I added date and time, so I don't have to use another gadget and take more space.
I copied the necessary Gdip functions in the script itself, so to save the trouble.
AHK limitation: program is suspended while the right click context menu is on. It's worth to remember.
BTW. This may be used as an example of how to use tic's Gdip library for new people.

Also posted here

Save the file in Unicode or UTF-8 with signature (not in UTF-8 as it is chosen with the download feature here - it messes up unicode characters).

The first one below is the simpler version.

Code: [Select all] [Expand] [Download] (Drozd_CPU_monitor.ahk)GeSHi © Codebox Plus

I gradually made an extended version of the script that I use now.
I added CPU monitoring for two chosen processes and one for memory. It's good to know if one of the browsers is doing something suspicious. Or to check for memory leak.
Now the first extra bar monitors processes from a test list (or all processes) and shows the one that uses the most CPU.
I also used a timer for idle time. I didn't remove it from the script here, because I would have to change too much. I used it to check when some Windows background processes (on Windows 8) start doing some weird things. Also trojans activate during idle time or when monitor turns off, etc.

Code: [Select all] [Expand] [Download] (Drozd_CPU_monitor_ext.ahk)GeSHi © Codebox Plus

Drozd_monitor.png
Drozd_monitor.png (6.78 KiB) Viewed 197 times
Drozd_monitor_ext.png
Drozd_monitor_ext.png (8.71 KiB) Viewed 197 times
Last edited by drozdman on 09 Jun 2018, 10:38, edited 5 times in total.
SquirrelHugger

Re: CPU monitor with history graph.

18 Mar 2018, 15:15

Dude that's a huge amount of work you have done there. Nice work!
:morebeard:
jNizM
GitHub: jNizM

19 Mar 2018, 04:44

[AHK] 1.1.28.02 x64 Unicode | [WIN] 10 Pro (Version 1803) x64 | [GitHub] Profile
Donations are appreciated if I could help you
drozdman

20 Mar 2018, 15:09

@jNizM
Cool. I too made a weather gadget, but as a separate window.
I see it's Linux. I may have to finally move to Linux.

On Windows 10 everything looks worse, so I turn it on once a year to check something and then I regret it. This CPU monitor looks worse on Win 10, but I don't want to spend a minute on this OS to make changes.
SL5
GitHub: sl5net

21 Mar 2018, 11:33

drozdman wrote:...
I see it's Linux. I may have to finally move to Linux.

On Windows 10 everything looks worse, so I turn it on once a year to check something and then I regret it. This CPU monitor looks worse on Win 10, but I don't want to spend a minute on this OS to make changes.

How to determine under Linux the window names and class names of an application. Is there anything there like a class name of an app?
what about https://github.com/jordansissel/xdotool ??
i think about implementing https://github.com/sl5net/global-Intell ... everywhere to linux.
drozdman

21 Mar 2018, 11:58

@SL5
I'm not familiar with Linux, so maybe someone else will know the details.
I haven't moved to Linux yet. I'm too lazy.

Return to “Scripts and Functions”