.NET Framework Interop (CLR, C#, VB)

Post your working scripts, libraries and tools
kczx3

Re: .NET Framework Interop (CLR, C#, VB)

02 Jul 2018, 08:22

Can I inquire why you need that library to work with html?
tmplinshi

02 Jul 2018, 08:31

I wonder if ComObjCreate("HTMLFile") is reliable, due to different IE browser version. Although I have a function like this:

Code: [Select all] [Expand] [Download] GeSHi © Codebox Plus

kczx3

02 Jul 2018, 08:39

I would think that should cover most use cases. Otherwise, you'll just have to code around certain DOM methods not being available on lower IE versions.
lexikos
GitHub: Lexikos

07 Jul 2018, 01:17

tmplinshi wrote:Can someone tell me why this doesn't work?
Define "work" and "doesn't work".

I assume an XDocument is an object, not a string or number, and therefore will show nothing in the MsgBox even if the script is successful.
tmplinshi

07 Jul 2018, 02:19

The error message is in Chinese language, so I didn't include the message, my bad, I was too lazy.
I have changed the OS language to English, the error was:
---------------------------
gumbo test.ahk
Error in #include file "D:\code\AutoHotkey\Lib\Clr.ahk":
0x80131513 -
Source: mscorlib
Description: Constructor on type 'Gumbo.Wrappers.GumboWrapper' not found.
HelpFile: (null)
HelpContext: 0

Specifically: CreateInstance_3

Line#
029: }
032: {
033: if !(argCount := Args.MaxIndex())
034: Return,Assembly.CreateInstance_2(TypeName, true)
036: vargs := ComObjArray(0xC, argCount)
037: Loop,argCount
038: vargs[A_Index-1] := Args[A_Index]
---> 042: Return,Assembly.CreateInstance_3(TypeName, true, 0, null, vargs, null, Array_Empty)
043: }
046: {
047: Return,CLR_CompileAssembly(Code, References, "System", "Microsoft.CSharp.CSharpCodeProvider", AppDomain, FileName, CompilerOptions)
048: }
051: {
052: Return,CLR_CompileAssembly(Code, References, "System", "Microsoft.VisualBasic.VBCodeProvider", AppDomain, FileName, CompilerOptions)
053: }

Continue running the script?
Yes No

The error was caused by the 3rd line:

Code: [Select all] [Download] GeSHi © Codebox Plus

testHtml := "<html><body class=""gumbo"">Boo!</body></html>"
GumboBindings := Clr_LoadLibrary("Gumbo.Bindings.dll")
gumbo := Clr_CreateObject(GumboBindings, "Gumbo.Wrappers.GumboWrapper", testHtml)

MsgBox, % gumbo.ToXDocument()

Edit: wait, why the error is from Source: mscorlib but not Gumbo.Bindings.dll?

https://github.com/rgripper/GumboBindings wrote:Console.WriteLine(gumbo.ToXDocument()); // to XDocument

I am not sure but I guess XDocument is a string.
lexikos

07 Jul 2018, 18:29

It is XDocument, not String. I think it is not common C# practice to make simple type aliases, if such is even possible (like the C++ typedef). Even if the content of XDocument is text, at the very least it is an object which contains a string. If you can get the constructor call to work, you can probably verify the type of the object with ComObjType(xdoc, "Class"), or just call xdoc.ToString().

I believe the constructor you want to call is one with an optional parameter. I have not used C# since 2.0, and optional parameters were added in 4.0. I have read that COM callable wrappers support optional parameters, but in this case we are not calling that method directly; we are calling Assembly.CreateInstance_3 (3rd overload of CreateInstance). You probably need to specify all of the parameters, including the optional one, which I think can just be null (ComObject(13,0)).
burque505

07 Jul 2018, 19:14

Thank you, lexikos. That is what I needed for EPPlus to get a chart onto a worksheet.
ComObject(13,0) was the missing parameter needed for the call.

chart := ws.Drawings.AddChart("Pie", 5, ComObject(13,0))

This will help me out with this topic and the related topic here, where tmplinshi has been of invaluable assistance. I haven't gotten a series into the chart yet, but soon.You've provided a missing building block. Thanks again.
EDIT: Chart series now added also.
Regards,
burque505
tmplinshi

08 Jul 2018, 10:55

Thanks lexikos! Good to know ComObject(13,0) for null parameters, that's a useful info for using CLR.ahk.

gumbo := Clr_CreateObject(GumboBindings, "Gumbo.Wrappers.GumboWrapper", testHtml, ComObject(13, 0))

But adding to it, another error occurred :|
gumbo test.ahk
Error in #include file "D:\code\AutoHotkey\Lib\Clr.ahk":
0x80131604 -
Source: mscorlib
Description: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
HelpFile: (null)
HelpContext: 0

Specifically: CreateInstance_3

Line#
029: }
032: {
033: if !(argCount := Args.MaxIndex())
034: Return,Assembly.CreateInstance_2(TypeName, true)
036: vargs := ComObjArray(0xC, argCount)
037: Loop,argCount
038: vargs[A_Index-1] := Args[A_Index]
---> 042: Return,Assembly.CreateInstance_3(TypeName, true, 0, null, vargs, null, Array_Empty)
043: }
046: {
047: Return,CLR_CompileAssembly(Code, References, "System", "Microsoft.CSharp.CSharpCodeProvider", AppDomain, FileName, CompilerOptions)
048: }
051: {
052: Return,CLR_CompileAssembly(Code, References, "System", "Microsoft.VisualBasic.VBCodeProvider", AppDomain, FileName, CompilerOptions)
053: }

Continue running the script?
Yes No
lexikos

11 Jul 2018, 21:57

An exception was thrown by the constructor. You probably can't call this constructor from unmanaged (COM) code. I'd guess that you can't use VT_UNKNOWN (13) for this null value since it is a nullable value type, not an object. You may need to use some helper code (C# or VB).
LayoutKind.Automatic
Indicates that the common language runtime is free to reorder the members of the type for efficiency. However, when a value type is passed to unmanaged code, the layout of the members is predictable. An attempt to marshal such a structure automatically causes an exception.
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet ... g-behavior
tmplinshi

12 Jul 2018, 11:40

hmm.. that's difficult for me to continue, I'm giving up on this dll. Thanks again.
burque505

15 Jul 2018, 08:05

Sorry to flog a dead horse here, but I'm having trouble with such a number of third-party (i.e. non-Microsoft) DLLs that I'm still after information to solve this particular one. My hope is that whatever ends up solving this problem will help with my other problem Dlls (i.e. ClosedXml, OfficeOpenXml, SpreadsheetLight, DocX/Xceed.Words.Net, and several others. For all of these, I have tried VB.Net code, C# code, and Clr_LoadLibrary ()).
Using the same code tmplinshi does, i.e.

gumbo := Clr_CreateObject(GumboBindings, "Gumbo.Wrappers.GumboWrapper", testHtml, ComObject(13, 0))
, I get this error output from the output window of Scite4Ahk after hitting "No" to continue running script:

Unhandled Exception: System.BadImageFormatException: An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007000B)
at Gumbo.NativeMethods.gumbo_destroy_output(GumboOptions& options, IntPtr output)
at Gumbo.Wrappers.GumboWrapper.Dispose()
at Gumbo.Wrappers.GumboWrapper.Finalize()

I will be grateful for any help understanding this. I have followed through at this link, and have tried recompiling GumboWrappers.dll from source (epic fail, nearly 2000 errors in code on github when compiling with VS 2015 or VS 2017, including over 200 references to "dotnet5.4")). Is it possible the culprit is simply a bad GumboWrappers.DLL?
Regards,
burque505
lexikos

Today, 02:03

Probably the wrong .NET Framework version, or bitness (32-bit vs 64-bit, though I think some assemblies are both).

Return to “Scripts and Functions”