[Looking for Maintainers/Successors] Clipjump : The Ultimate Clipboard Manager

Post your working scripts, libraries and tools for AHK v1.1 and older
rommmcek

Re: Clipjump : The Ultimate Clipboard Manager [Updated 9/11]

22 Feb 2016, 01:28

Thank you!!! Looks promising. I think I'm gonna use it all the time!
DaveT1

17 Mar 2016, 04:56

Hi Avi,

I've been using Clipjump for a couple of years now and I'm still amazed at how good it is. But I've been getting lots of crashes lately (with 12.3) - last few weeks it crashed a few times a week, but this week it's like every few minutes. I think that you might be aware of this - is it perhaps the same as your ticket #90 which was solved and closed out a couple of months ago?

So, in the hope that this would fix my problem, I wondered if you could share plans for a future release date?

With many thanks for a great tool.
Avi

20 Mar 2016, 11:32

DaveT1 wrote:Hi Avi,

I've been using Clipjump for a couple of years now and I'm still amazed at how good it is. But I've been getting lots of crashes lately (with 12.3) - last few weeks it crashed a few times a week, but this week it's like every few minutes. I think that you might be aware of this - is it perhaps the same as your ticket #90 which was solved and closed out a couple of months ago?

So, in the hope that this would fix my problem, I wondered if you could share plans for a future release date?

With many thanks for a great tool.
Sorry Dave. I have been pretty busy with the college work and stuff lately. I am going to get some free time in the first half of April so you should expect a release by that time.
And thank you for sticking with the program provided the development has been lagging a lot in the past 1.5 years. I was losing interest that time but now there are some new features and improvements I am excited to work on. https://github.com/aviaryan/Clipjump/issues
Writes at Dev Letters

Clipjump Clipboard Manager : More Scripts (updated 2019)

DaveT1

21 Mar 2016, 15:47

Hi Avi,

Thanks so much for getting back on this, and glad (relieved) that there's some revitalised interest from your side. I'd offer to help, but have woefully inadequate skills :( Looking forward to your update :-), and thanks again for a great program :-).
dan

31 Mar 2016, 07:50

Happy to hear this, Avi! Looking forward to the next release as well!
skoliver1

02 Apr 2016, 00:37

I really love this program so much. I also use AHK on a regular basis but nowhere near the programming level as Avi.

I use a website for work and in order to open a link in a new tab, I r-click to copy the URL. It opens a new window with the URL highlighted and I have to copy, close the window, open a new tab and paste the URL.

It is a crappy way to do it but I had been able to get around it by writing a looping script that would wait for that URL window to appear, then automatically copy, close window, open tab and paste.

Because I do this so many times a day, I don't want Clipjump to keep these in its history. Rather than me pressing a separate hotkey to disable clipjump, I liked the automated script that I used. I was able to use the external controller before to pass a command to clipjump to disable it before copying and then pass another command to re-enable it when I was done but the external controller is now done away with.

I was excited to see that v12.3 now has a disable toggle in the API section, but I honestly have no idea how to use those, despite much reading in the Help file.

Below is what I had in place before the external controller was disabled. I'm not sure how to incorporate the "disable(status)" API into this script.

Would anyone be able to help with this?

Code: Select all

Loop

{
IfWinExist "page name"
{
Run clipjump.exe "plugins\external.controller.ahk" "2", C:\Users\%A_UserName%\OneDrive\AHK\My Scripts\Clipjump
Sleep 200
SendInput ^c
Sleep 50
Send {Enter}
Sleep 300
Run cmd /c start chrome %Clipboard%,, hide
Clipboard =
Run clipjump.exe "plugins\external.controller.ahk" "1", C:\Users\%A_UserName%\OneDrive\AHK\My Scripts\Clipjump
}
else
Sleep 500
}
Avi

02 Apr 2016, 00:50

skoliver1 wrote:I really love this program so much. I also use AHK on a regular basis but nowhere near the programming level as Avi.

I use a website for work and in order to open a link in a new tab, I r-click to copy the URL. It opens a new window with the URL highlighted and I have to copy, close the window, open a new tab and paste the URL.

It is a crappy way to do it but I had been able to get around it by writing a looping script that would wait for that URL window to appear, then automatically copy, close window, open tab and paste.

Because I do this so many times a day, I don't want Clipjump to keep these in its history. Rather than me pressing a separate hotkey to disable clipjump, I liked the automated script that I used. I was able to use the external controller before to pass a command to clipjump to disable it before copying and then pass another command to re-enable it when I was done but the external controller is now done away with.

I was excited to see that v12.3 now has a disable toggle in the API section, but I honestly have no idea how to use those, despite much reading in the Help file.

Below is what I had in place before the external controller was disabled. I'm not sure how to incorporate the "disable(status)" API into this script.

Would anyone be able to help with this?
Hi. Thanks for posting it over here. Using the publicAPI.ahk is pretty straight-forward

; beginning
cj := new Clipjump()     ; The name 'cj' doesnt matter

; your script
Loop
{
IfWinExist "page name"
{
cj.disable(1)
Sleep 200
SendInput ^c
Sleep 50
Send {Enter}
Sleep 300
Run cmd /c start chrome %Clipboard%,, hide
Clipboard =
sleep 100 ; added
cj.disable(0)
}
else
Sleep 500
}

; add the following at the end of script
; publicapi.ahk is in same dir as clipjump. provide it's full path
#Include full\path\to\publicAPI.ahk
Writes at Dev Letters

skoliver1

11 Apr 2016, 15:34

That did the trick. Thank you so much!
I look forward to the next version, which I hope will resolve all the crashing I've been seeing. Let me know if you need any dump files.
Avi

v12.5 released

14 Apr 2016, 12:03

v12.5

•Fixed crashing issues in v12.3 by using TooltipEx
•Now using SQlite database for History
•Ignore quick (<200ms) clipboard changes to prevent crashes
•[New] Option to use Win-C and Win-X for copying to Clipjump
•[New] Option to disable automatic clipboard monitoring

Note
There is an issue when you update to Clipjump_x64 bit release. Existing clips other than [TEXT] type will be recognized as invalid by the 64 bit version. In the same way, all file/folder and image clips created by 64 bit version will be recognized as invalid by 32 bit version.
This seems to me an issue in AutoHotkey itself. I will start a topic soon.

Download from github releases - https://github.com/aviaryan/Clipjump/releases/tag/v12.5
Writes at Dev Letters

DaveT1

Re: Clipjump : The Ultimate Clipboard Manager [v12.5]

22 Apr 2016, 10:23

Hi Avi,

Just to say that I've been using the latest version for over a week now with no crashes :D :D :D . Even for spreadsheet and image copy/paste which for sure would have caused CJ last release to keel over - and no probs. Thanks for the effort - really very much appreciated.
Avi

22 Apr 2016, 12:12

DaveT1 wrote:Hi Avi,

Just to say that I've been using the latest version for over a week now with no crashes :D :D :D . Even for spreadsheet and image copy/paste which for sure would have caused CJ last release to keel over - and no probs. Thanks for the effort - really very much appreciated.
Good to know :dance:
Writes at Dev Letters

rommmcek

30 Apr 2016, 06:38

I'm using ClipJump since our last discussion on a regular basis with a great satisfaction!
Nevertheless I've done additional modification regarding this problem:
After emptying the Clipboard by a third part script, there was a need to add an additional sleep in order to make next Send, ^c working. Rather to edit each such script (I'm using dozens of them - and they are all proven to be reliable till now), I decided to slow down ClipJump's onClipboardChange routine instead. It worked fine, except for my clipboard limiting code, we discussed. For that reason I started to monitor the last two Clipboard times.
The new release seems to work with that scriptlet too, but maybe you can find better solution!

timeDiff2 := timeDiff1,	timeDiff1 := TickCount64() - lastClipboardTime,	lastClipboardTime := TickCount64()
	if (timeDiff1+timeDiff2 < 450){
		return
	} sleep 50
Obviously I added timeDiff1:=300 afterPROGRAM VARIABLES at the start of the script.
bye!

01 May 2016, 11:36

Any suggestions as to how to do a Clipjump plugin to strip Google referrer stuff from a copied link.

i.e. copied link
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q= ... 60ktE6H2lg

desired link:
http://www.ich.org/fileadmin/Public_Web ... deline.pdf

There's a FF plugin for this, but my work computer doesn't permit plugins.
Last edited by tank on 01 May 2016, 11:48, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed empty code tag
skoliver1

11 May 2016, 12:12

The app has been working so well since the latest update!

I have encountered one issue so far though. I use a screenshot utility called Greenshot and it has a feature that exports the screenshot to the clipboard.
When I do this, Greenshot will hang for a couple seconds and Clipjump will throw the error:

SQLite Error
==============
Msg: near",": syntax error
Code: 1
==============
OK

After I get that error, I try to paste the screenshot somewhere and the tooltip says "The preview/path cannot be loaded" and it won't paste the screenshot. If I disable clipjump it all works fine.
rommmcek

11 May 2016, 16:42

@skoliver1: It seems, that my scriptlet I posted above, solves your probelem too.
However this is the first time I came across Greenshot and tried just a few basic things.
Theedo

19 May 2016, 07:18

Hello
I have Clipjump auto start when windows first boots up and I've noticed the first ctrl+c after startup never gets copied. Does anyone else have that issue?
Is it a bug or a problem with my setup?
hotkeyguy

13 Jul 2016, 16:14

Hello Avi,

Clipjump 12.5 crashes my Word 2010 and Excel 2010 just when I copy something to the clipboard. Word and Excel is hanging then (tooltip "Processing"). I could debug your code, but need some basic infos where to start.

Many thanks and greetings
hotkeyguy
hotkeyguy

22 Jul 2016, 10:41

Hello again Avi,

is there an event after something is copied to the clipboard available? Or a callback function?
The background of that question is that I have an app where sometimes copying to the clipboard doesn't work - that problem isn't related to Clipjump in any way. It's an problem of the used GUI text control. Because the clipboard is then empty, I could repeat copying with a certain delay several times until a timeout. Therefore I need that event/callback. Any hints or other suggestions?

Many thanks and greetings
hotkeyguy
DaveT1

12 Oct 2016, 05:28

Hi Avi,

ClipJump continues to be very useful to me....I've just started using the api, but have the following Q on this code:

#Include publicAPI.ahk
cj := new Clipjump()
cj.paste(1, 1) ; From ClipJump paste entry 1 from channel 1
temp1 := cj.getClipAt(0, 1, 1)
temp2 := cj.version
temp3 := cj.getChStrength(0)
MsgBox, %temp1%, %temp2%, %temp3%
The paste command works. And when I show the msgbox, I see entries for temp1 and temp2. But not for temp3 - it appears to be blank. I have a second channel (ie., channel 1), and when I try that I also see nothing returned.

I'm sure I've done something mindless here, so would appreciate a pointer as to where I've gone wrong.

Many thanks.
DaveT1

18 Oct 2016, 05:43

Hi Avi,
Re: Clips copied from Word lose their formatting #73

I'm trying to setup a formatted last line to use when signing off emails. I've noticed how formatting is lost in the following specific conditions and saw that this is similar to the concern raised in Issue#73. Here's what I've learned:

1. The formatted Word text I have is: t: 1111 567 890 | e: somewhere@anywhere.com | w: somewebadress.com |'LinkedIn icon goes here'. In this post I can't reproduce the precise formatting I use, nor can I upload the LinkedIn image as I don't have access to a public server. But in Word the font is Calibri 9pt, the webaddress is a hyperlink and the LinkedIn image is a small square blue box with 'li' in white superimposed on top (in case you don't know LinkedIn).

2. I have CJ running with two channels - the default and a protected channel. The protected channel is there to permanently store the above formatted line and nothing else.

3. I copy the text, open up the channel organiser and make sure that the just copied text is the only thing in the protected channel. Usually this means that the just copied text has gone to the default channel, so I clear the protected channel and then move the just copied clip from the default channel to the protected channel.

4. I have a separate AHK script running to handle standard text to include at the end of my emails - 'best regards' and that kind of thing. And then just after this standard sign-off text (which is unformatted), I use the following:

cj.set_pformat("Text") ; We always need to paste formatted text.
cj.paste(1, 1) ; From ClipJump paste entry 1 from channel 1.
having already included the CJ public API and started an instance with cj := new Clipjump().

5. So then I immediately open my email client and all works brilliantly and as intended....for a while....and then, apparently randomly, the formatting changes :o . Specifically the font size is lost and the LinkedIn image is also lost!

6. So I couldn't believe that this was purely random. So I tried restarting Clipjump repeatedly to see if that triggered it, but my sign-offs continued to show all the formatted text just as I had intended :) . But then I restarted my computer and once up and running again, I immediately lost the formatting in the way described above.

7. Once I lost the formatting as described in (6), I repeated the steps above to re-establish the correctly formatted text as the only entry in my protected channel, tested this all in the same session - all fine, restarted CJ and all fine again. I then restarted my machine and again the formatting was lost as described above.

Interestingly I had implemented the last line of my email sign-off independently through an AHK script. So I used FileAppend to copy the formatted text to a file, and then FileRead with '*c' to recover the contents of this file back to the clipboard. But this also lost the formatting apparently randomly - but I didn't need a restart to trigger the lost formatting, the formatting would go even in the same session as the FileAppend!

Obviously I do know if this is the cause of the OPs original concern for Issue#73. But I'm just trying to document this accurately to see if this helps with any diagnosing you are able to do.

Many thanks for all you do with CJ - it brightens my day, every day :D .

Return to “Scripts and Functions (v1)”