TotalKeyMix: Windows volume control for RME TotalMix

Post your working scripts, libraries and tools for AHK v1.1 and older
ikonomov

Re: TotalKeyMix: Windows volume control for RME TotalMix

13 Jul 2022, 11:17

@carlfriedrich

Thank you Tim for taking the rains to update and maintain this great tool. :) I've updated the main post of this thread with a github link to your updated tool, which I now consider the successor to my version here.
carlfriedrich

14 Jul 2022, 03:10

@ikonomov
Thanks for updating the original post!

@axibert
I have just released 1.5.0, which fixes your issue with changing MIDI port IDs (I had this myself, ID always changed when I had my Nord keyboard plugged in):
https://github.com/carlfriedrich/TotalKeyMix/releases/tag/1.5.0
axibert

14 Jul 2022, 04:20

Wow, amazing!! Thanks, will check it out right now. So cool that this awesome is being kept alive.
BuggyB

21 Jul 2022, 14:41

Hello,

I took 1.5.0 from carlfriedrich, and replaced all the MIDI communication with OSC. So no more LoopMidi or LoopBe1, no more startup problem that I experienced too often. Also, not tested yet, but it should be easy to control another PC on the same LAN, if needs be. I'd be happy to share it. Anyone interested ? I'm asking beforehand as it takes a bit of work that I haven't done to explain what the parameters are and so on.
BoBo

21 Jul 2022, 14:47

I'd be happy to share it. Anyone interested ?
Definitely. Sharing your knowledge is the bread & butter of this forum! Thx :thumbup:
axibert

21 Jul 2022, 15:07

BuggyB wrote:
21 Jul 2022, 14:41
Hello,

I took 1.5.0 from carlfriedrich, and replaced all the MIDI communication with OSC. So no more LoopMidi or LoopBe1, no more startup problem that I experienced too often. Also, not tested yet, but it should be easy to control another PC on the same LAN, if needs be. I'd be happy to share it. Anyone interested ? I'm asking beforehand as it takes a bit of work that I haven't done to explain what the parameters are and so on.
Yes please, would love to try it out!
BuggyB

21 Jul 2022, 17:27

So, here is a version with OSC replacing MIDI :
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1LvwnZt_LsTXteuAgQPd9lNiilG2ha5nH/view?usp=sharing

I suggest this is only for testing purposes. Carlfriedrich has kindly agreed to take these changes on board in his repository (as I'm not familiar at all with github).

It's renamed TotalKeymixOSC but that's probably temporary.

To get it to work, it is necessary to :

- inTotalmix,
* check Options / Enable OSC Control
* check Options / Submix linked to OSC Controller / 1 (I think...not quite sure just now)

- in Totalmix / Options / Settings.... OSC Tab
* get Remote Controller Select : 1 and "In use" selected (work with another # too)
* read one of Totalmix FX OSC Service IP,s and copy it in TotalKeymixOSC Setup
* and have the same port number, say 7001, in Totalmix FX OSC Service "Port incoming" and in TotalKeymixOSC Setup "Totalmix OSC Port incoming"

- in TotalKeymixOSC Setup,
* fill the two Totalmix fields, IP and port as described above

I think it's easier than it sounds.

A few notes :

- The exe is compiled with AHK 1.1.34.03. Additional necessary modules are included in the zip, and credited in the source file. Just keep them in the exe or source directory.
- You will also find a Restart menu, but that's for my testing, it should disappear.
- If you're interested, I also added an "AutoPos" option in config.ini that I had developed for one of my previous mod of TotalKeymix.
- And the icon is also slightly different with a lighter background more visible on a black background in my systray :) Pick the one you prefer
- More error management could be added, I thought that's good enough for the time being.

Happy testing ! Let me know how it goes.
BuggyB

21 Jul 2022, 17:58

By the way, if someone can help me figure this out:

with several of the latest versions of TKM, maybe since I updated AHK to 1.1.34.03, I sometimes get the volume slider replaced by another one right in the middle of the scren and with a title bar and the name of the exe as a title. It seems totally random, no any idea why.
axibert

22 Jul 2022, 02:08

I am having some problems with this version:

1) IP Adress in TKMosc field is not showing correctly
2) Volume keys are not being saved
3) it does not change the volume, but the green volume slider (now being on the right - on the edge of the screen) is moving. I am assuming it should move the master fader total mix like it did before, right?

Could you please help me with this?
BuggyB

22 Jul 2022, 02:41

axibert wrote:
22 Jul 2022, 02:08
1) IP Adress in TKMosc field is not showing correctly
I don't see anything abnormal. What address are you using? Could you give more details or perhaps post a screenshot?
2) Volume keys are not being saved
Do you mean multimedia volume keys or some other key combination? On my test PC, multimedia keys (VOL UP/DOWN/MUTE) are intercepted by a Logitech driver, so I didn't test them. Can you try with say CTRL+ALT+SHIFT+ some letter? Mine are saved when pressing OK in the Setup window and read later on.
3) it does not change the volume, but the green volume slider (now being on the right - on the edge of the screen) is moving. I am assuming it should move the master fader total mix like it did before, right?
That's right,as long as in config.ini, you have :
[OSC]
OSC_address=/1/mastervolume
You need the correct IP and port in the setup window. If you have problems with entering the IP in the setup window, shut down TKM and edit config.ini with the correct number as a test.
BuggyB

22 Jul 2022, 02:48

axibert,
I forgot : for 1) do you have Class_IPAddress_Control.ahk in the directory you're starting TKM from?
axibert

22 Jul 2022, 03:25

1) Please see attached screenshot

2) when saving the edited config.ini with notepad++ windows prompts it is already in use. But I closed TKM and also rebooted. With the regular notepad saving was also not possbile, saying I have no rights to edit this file. I then saved it somewhere else and replaced it again and it worked. So I think there is some rights issue for regular saving in TKM

3) I have set it up like you see in the screenshot, and master volume is not moving. I checked and the config.ini settings seem to be correct. And yes I have Class_IPAddress_Control.ahk in the folder
Attachments
Unbenannt2.JPG
Unbenannt2.JPG (73.92 KiB) Viewed 1897 times
BuggyB

22 Jul 2022, 03:40

1) I've never seen that. I'll check on another PC.

2) same

3) so, to be sure, you have 192.168.2.112 in config.ini and when starting without going into the setup window, you still can't change the volume? And inTotalmix, Options / Enable OSC Control is checked ?
axibert

22 Jul 2022, 03:58

BuggyB wrote:
22 Jul 2022, 03:40
1) I've never seen that. I'll check on another PC.

2) same

3) so, to be sure, you have 192.168.2.112 in config.ini and when starting without going into the setup window, you still can't change the volume? And inTotalmix, Options / Enable OSC Control is checked ?
2) ok after replacing the ini file, saving is now working

3) ooh, I have not entered 192.168.2.112 in config.ini. Now I have and it is working!

Thanks for your help :)
axibert

22 Jul 2022, 04:51

2) saving now works after I replaced the config.ini file once
3) Ok nice, it is working now. I have not entered the IP 192.168.2.112 in the config.ini file. After I put it there it is now working fine! I also experienced the bug of the volume fader appearing in the center you described after editing the "steps" and once after I edited the position of the volume bar.. But at the moment it is all good.

Thanks for your help!
BuggyB

22 Jul 2022, 05:23

axibert, could you please try this
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1l6vA6O9y23nePWxso3Rg2FwIdZhkyOmM/view?usp=sharing
where I tried to modify rights for config.ini ?

I also checked the first version on another PC but had no problem with the rights. So, I'm not sure what's going on.
axibert

22 Jul 2022, 05:37

I just checked and can confirm saving works fine with this version. I'm not sure what the problem was, either. Maybe some Win Defender interference, but no clue, honestly.
BuggyB

22 Jul 2022, 05:54

I went to file properties, security, advanced...Audit, Add, select, Everybody, and added Total Control from there
To be honest, I wasn't sure what I was doing.
BuggyB

22 Jul 2022, 05:55

So the only issue left, is the IP field being misplaced, right?
axibert

22 Jul 2022, 06:52

Yes, but that is not a problem for me. And the volume control in the center from time to time, will keep an eye on this one and let you know if it happens in regular use.

And "auto postion" is too far right, you cannot see the end of the bar.

Return to “Scripts and Functions (v1)”