Screen clipping

Post your working scripts, libraries and tools for AHK v1.1 and older
Joe Glines

Re: Screen clipping

23 Oct 2016, 20:29

@rommmcek : Thank you! :) I tried it on mine and it seems to work well. I too always wanted to have my screen fonts a bit larger but didn't know how to adapt this code to it. Now can have the best of both worlds!
Sign-up for the 🅰️HK Newsletter

ImageImageImageImage:clap:
AHK Tutorials:Web Scraping | | Webservice APIs | AHK and Excel | Chrome | RegEx | Functions
Training: AHK Webinars Courses on AutoHotkey :ugeek:
YouTube

:thumbup: Quick Access Popup, the powerful Windows folders, apps and documents launcher!
paik1002

24 Oct 2016, 06:49

I added the script, re-compiled & ran it standalone, but unfortunately that didn't help. I think my problem does not have anything to do with 32/64 bits.
Joe Glines

30 Oct 2016, 09:50

@Paik1002 - it sound like you need to do some troubleshooting to see what does/doesn't work. Does the script launch? does the hotkey trigger jump you into the correct function? what folder are you running it from? Do you have rights to that folder? etc.

AHK Tutorials:Web Scraping | | Webservice APIs | AHK and Excel | Chrome | RegEx | Functions
YouTube

:thumbup: Quick Access Popup, the powerful Windows folders, apps and documents launcher!
raonerule

23 Nov 2016, 06:36

Very helpful tool,, thank you for sharing..
redtwo

27 Nov 2016, 11:03

rommmcek wrote:Try to finde Gui %g%: +AlwaysOnTop -caption +Border +ToolWindow +LastFound and convert to Gui %g%: +AlwaysOnTop -caption +Border +ToolWindow +LastFound -DPIScale
I know it has been a while but I finally got around to fixing this. I wanted to say it worked perfectly.

Thanks
H
Arumba

19 Feb 2017, 11:17

Would it be possible to change the script so that instead of sending an image to outlook, it sends it to imgur?
Joe Glines

19 Feb 2017, 13:09

It already does that!

YouTube

Arumba

19 Feb 2017, 13:35

It creates a local copy in bmp and jpg, and it puts it on the clipboard, but where exactly is it automatically uploading to http://imgur.com ?? I guess I missed that part?
Joe Glines

19 Feb 2017, 14:17

How about you search for IMUGR in the script...

YouTube

Arumba

19 Feb 2017, 14:32

Look, I'm not an idiot, I'm just asking for some help here. You don't have to be such an ass.

Here's your own damn script to prove you wrong:
http://imgur.com/a/bampb

And even if I misspell it like you did:
http://imgur.com/a/Esfi9

Perhaps someone else would like to answer, I've about had it already with this guy.

I'm not a registered user on this forum so it isn't letting me post very often, so I took the time to solve this problem myself. For the record, not only is the site mispelled in the code, but its also not in the original post. One would assume that the original post would be kept up to date so that when someone downloads the script they are getting the newest version, rather than having to read through the entire thread just to find the correct download link. Why even keep a link in the first post at all if you aren't going to keep it up to date?

Thanks for a delightful experience on these forums.
Joe Glines

19 Feb 2017, 15:00

Arumba,
If you were have scrolled down a slight bit you would see there was another post which incorporated the Imugr
https://autohotkey.com/boards/viewtopic ... 088#p65149

Also, all youi had to do was search this post and you would have found the reference. IMHO I was not being a smartass, I was merely trying to get you to do some work on your end. Your response is quite pathetic and I hope you do NOT use my script as I don't think you deserve to have help if you're ready to blow-up at someone for a simiple remark as asking you to perform a search which takes 10 seconds.

YouTube

Enric Sargon

Crash windows 7

25 Feb 2017, 11:11

I have been using the script for a few days now and it is amazing. It works exactly as I would like, and I am so happy to have found this!
I do get a crash on occasion though and I cannot figure out why... I end up having a lagged mouse cursor until I can close the error prompt, and then I reload the script and it continues to work.

Here is the prompt I get: http://imgur.com/a/74qNr

This only happens when trying to use the script, not just randomly.
Joe Glines

25 Feb 2017, 17:29

@Enric Sargon- I haven't seen anyone else report this error. Are you using any other AutoHotkey scripts? I so, do they have the same issue? Does the errror come up at a particualr time or at random? The only thing I can even suggest is to try running it at an Admin level. (create a shortcut to the scirpt then Right click the shortcut and enable "run as admin")

YouTube

Enric Sargon

25 Feb 2017, 18:51

It is the only script I am using. I downloaded AutoHotKey, put the script together, and ran it. I am on windows 7, 64 bit, and the crash seems to happen when making a clip too quickly after another clip. I don't think it has ever happened on the first clip after loading the script, it's only as a subsequent clip that causes the crash.

Could it just be a problem with autohotkey itself and not the script?
Enric Sargon

26 Feb 2017, 07:50

It crashed again, this time I expanded the dialogue to see if this information might help?

Application Name: AutoHotkeyU32.exe
Application Version: 1.1.24.5
Application Timestamp: 589450dd
Fault Module Name: gdiplus.DLL_unloaded
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 4ce7b714
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 6b957953
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 0a9e
Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Additional Information 3: 0a9e
Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Joe Glines

26 Feb 2017, 17:10

@Enric First thing I'd try is updating your version of AutoHotkey. I don't think this will help, but better rule it out than not know.

Do you typically run 64 or 32 bit version? I run the 32 bit version and have some code at the beginning to force launching in 32 bit. Do you have the gdi library installed? Did you make any customizations to the script?

YouTube

ajhalls

28 Feb 2017, 11:08

I just found out about this very awesome script last night and in configuring it today I wanted to mention a couple things. The IMGUR API is an Oauth2 API that it is looking for, once you setup your account you need to visit this page: https://api.imgur.com/oauth2/addclient and give it a name. It will then give you back a Client ID and a Secret, you want to use the Client ID which would look like this: "1f5d7b08D100625".

I also noticed it only works on my primary monitor for some reason. If I try clipping from the other monitors, it just comes out black. My primary monitor is a 4K set to 150% scaling, the others are 1080p set to 100%.

I also realized that my primary monitor is on my onboard Intel video card, where the other two are on a GeForce GT 740. Not sure any of that matters, but it might help know what is going on.
Joe Glines

01 Mar 2017, 17:27

@ajhalls - The IMUGR authentication is mentioned on the first page. As for the issue with other desktops, I have four which are driven from 2 video cards. It works fine on mine and I don't have any "black" issues. Every once in a while the pasting will dump in a box with a questionmark but that is rare...

YouTube

skownar

24 Mar 2017, 05:26

Hi !

First, thanks for your tool, it will really help me :)

Well, I'm working on a macro helper for GUI Testing in my company.

We have applications which makes Acc or Com in troubles. So, tests for theses apps are image based.

My question is :

Do you have an idea about automate image snipping, maybe by modifying your tool, but without highlight or change bgcolor of a clickable element when mouse is over this one ?

Because currently, I able to
call your tool within a script, by sending key and make them pressed until mouse left is up, save & rename output image
But , when I perform a click on ImageSearch, images don't match.

Thanks in advance :)
Joe Glines

24 Mar 2017, 05:38

I think all you'd have to do find the spot where it is submitting the x/y coordinates and just provide them (then let it continue on). My script already has the functionality to save to a local folder.

YouTube

Return to “Scripts and Functions (v1)”