Toodi - Week based todo manager

Post your working scripts, libraries and tools for AHK v1.1 and older
budRich

Toodi - Week based todo manager

07 Dec 2016, 21:38

Nothing special, just another todo manager. might get extended.

I read an article on medium, can't find it now.. About someone who had made a week based todolist thing where one used markdown for editing. So simple, so good.

Menu is my favorite GUI control.

Markdown is cool.

This is Toodi:
Tre4shunter

Re: Toodi - Week based todo manager

08 Dec 2016, 09:19

This is very slick and simple! I like it!

Thanks much!
budRich

Re: Toodi - Week based todo manager

08 Dec 2016, 10:22

Thank you Tre4hunter! I am glad you like it.

I have just returned from a 1,5 year journey through linux. One of the things i brought back is the K.I.S.S. (keep it simple, stupid) principle.

It's easy to bloat applications, and even if it's hard to make a resource hogger (maybe its not) with AutoHotkey, the scripts can be hard to read and edit, improve, even for the author if boated. So i am trying this approach now. Making many, one function - self closing scripts. And invoking them with shortcuts or hotkeys or run from another script or even commandline. It feels good.

I also try to break functions into parts (BuildMenu, ShowMenu - SelectDay, OpenDay), this makes it easier to extend and still keeping stuff simple. I read about this somewhere just the other day, and it really makes sense. That article was more about classes and OOP, but hey, I pick what ever cherrys i find, worst thing that can happen, is me getting a little bit drunk.

The *nix journey is something I highly recommend btw. I really did it, no win at all, on any of my units, ever. My return to win was actually not voluntarily, but as soon as i launched up some of those old ahk files, i was home. Interesting times now with MS getting friendly with the *nix world, like it a lot.

Return to “Scripts and Functions (v1)”