A fix for Windows 10 invisible borders (and Aero Snap)

Post your working scripts, libraries and tools
jimhoyle

A fix for Windows 10 invisible borders (and Aero Snap)

05 Jan 2017, 09:32

I got tired of the Windows 10 problem where the OS has invisible borders around windows. Which results in a problem where windows snapped to screen edge (or to the taskbar at bottom) will be detached from the edge after quitting and reloading the window. So I made a fix for that. I only played around with for a few minutes so it may have bugs etc., but so far it has worked for me! If there is a better way to do this, please let me know. This is just a chewing gum workaround.

Code: [Select all] [Expand] [Download] GeSHi © Codebox Plus

Last edited by jimhoyle on 11 Jan 2017, 09:04, edited 5 times in total.
jimhoyle

Re: A fix for Windows 10 invisible borders (and Aero Snap)

05 Jan 2017, 09:42

Also, to go with that, I can post the newest version of my Aero Snap Window Management where you can use #Left, #Right, #End etc. to snap your windows into neat positions (supports rotating between positions).

APNBUSTER

22 Jun 2017, 23:35

Hi. I'm new on this forum, just because of this.

I've downloaded the text file, and it's converted in a .xml file (just in case). But, how can I apply these commands?

I suffer the same little problem on the windows.
RUNIE
GitHub: Run1e

23 Jun 2017, 01:07

APNBUSTER wrote:Hi. I'm new on this forum, just because of this.

I've downloaded the text file, and it's converted in a .xml file (just in case). But, how can I apply these commands?

I suffer the same little problem on the windows.

It's an AutoHotkey script (.ahk)
evilC

23 Jun 2017, 18:33

Ooh, hadn't noticed this, handy that someone bumped it.
Thanks for sharing, will give it a try.
FYI I have been tinkering with similar aero snap replacement scripts, and I think I may have just worked out a really cunning solution for how to describe your desired window size and position using hotkeys.
mankvl

24 Oct 2017, 12:07

This is why I love AHK :) Rly thanks for the code, this win 10 feature was driving me nuts, now I can work like before :)
jimhoyle

19 Feb 2018, 16:32

evilC, that code ("Window Tiling system") is very cool! However, what do you do to remove the invisible border problem on newly created windows? Such as when opening Chrome windows when starting Chrome (when the new windows have annoying margins against screen edges and taskbar)?

I updated my code quickly. It's still buggy and a chewing gum solution, but much better than nothing. The purpose of this code is to remove all annoying 10 pixel (configurable) margins from left/top/right of screen and at bottom on top of the taskbar. The window is checked everytime it's created or activated.

mankvl

23 Feb 2018, 04:13

jimhoyle wrote:evilC, that code ("Window Tiling system") is very cool! However, what do you do to remove the invisible border problem on newly created windows? Such as when opening Chrome windows when starting Chrome (when the new windows have annoying margins against screen edges and taskbar)?

I updated my code quickly. It's still buggy and a chewing gum solution, but much better than nothing. The purpose of this code is to remove all annoying 10 pixel (configurable) margins from left/top/right of screen and at bottom on top of the taskbar. The window is checked everytime it's created or activated.

Nice, but this only works for 1 monitor. Any way to update the code not to move the windows to next monitors? Now it moves to the Right/Left site too much.

Return to “Scripts and Functions”