AHK Studio

Editor for AutoHotkey written completely in AutoHotkey.

Moderator: maestrith

maestrith

Re: AHK Studio

22 Mar 2016, 20:24

Added:
-Auto Complete: Will have your list of Classes, Functions, and Instances as well as the standard list of commands
Fixed:
-Adding #Includes will not cause an Untitled file to be created
-Omni-Search: Some options were not getting populated
Fixed: Reported by BGM
-Some files were not indexing properly
Fixed: Reported by Huckleberry
-Right Click on Project Explorer: Open Folder
Added: Requested by Huckleberry
-Next/Previous Project: Will jump to the Next/Previous Project rather than the Next/Previous include
Fixed: Reported by rogeriodec
-When opening Studio for the first time it will not display any files

I also added in a default setup to get you started. It'd probably be best to delete your lib\gui.xml file unless you have changed your window.
John H Wilson III 05/29/51 - 03/01/2020. You will be missed.AHK Studio OSDGUI Creator
Donations
Discord
All code is done on a 64 bit Windows 10 PC Running AutoHotkey x32
DiscoStu

23 Mar 2016, 02:10

I get the following error when trying to launch AHK Studio...
Call to nonexistent function.

Specifically: LoadPicture(this.file,"icon" A_Index))

Line # 823: While,(LoadPicture(this.file,"icon" A_Index))
maestrith

23 Mar 2016, 07:29

DiscoStu wrote:I get the following error when trying to launch AHK Studio...
Call to nonexistent function.

Specifically: LoadPicture(this.file,"icon" A_Index))

Line # 823: While,(LoadPicture(this.file,"icon" A_Index))
You need to update to the latest version of AutoHotkey. That is a new feature. https://autohotkey.com/download/ahk-install.exe
John H Wilson III 05/29/51 - 03/01/2020. You will be missed.AHK Studio OSDGUI Creator
Donations
Discord
rogeriodec

23 Mar 2016, 08:00

maestrith wrote:
rogeriodec wrote:Just does not work.
1) Downloaded
2) Run AHK Studio.ahk for the first time.
3) It downloads some files.
4) When finished, it opens WITHOUT ICONS.
5) File -> Open can't open any AHK file...

What is wrong?
I'm using Windows 8.1
I tried downloading it and I did on a fresh install have the same issue. Currently if you click on the main editor and try to open the file again it will open. Sorry about that. I will fix it soon.
Thanks for your reply, but still can not open any file, no way, either with "File / Open" or drag and drop.
In drag and drop, the file name appears in the title of editor, but just for 1 second, then disappears, and the editor is empty.
maestrith

26 Mar 2016, 17:33

Added: Suggested by Huckleberry
-Increment/Decrement: Increases/Decreases integers
Re-Wrote a lot of the backend for Context Sensitive Text
Spoiler
Donations
Discord
maestrith

01 Apr 2016, 11:02

Changed: Reported by Odylg
-Moving the caret to the bottom of a page was causing it to jump an entire page
Fixed: Reported by Tre4shunter
-Files with literal paths were not being indexed
-Studio opens itself in Unicode automatically
Fixed: Reported by noticz
-Check Edited On Focus: was not returning to the current position when it replaced the text
NOTICE!!!!
-A new version of SciLexer.dll will be downloaded. Fixed some bugs with coloring and added in custom colors for:
--Labels
--Variables
-Re-Wrote a lot of the backend for Context Sensitive Text
Donations
Discord
maestrith

05 Apr 2016, 02:35

Fixed: Reported by tscv11
-When saving an unsaved file to overwrite another file that already exists, it was messing up depending on the encoding. (you can understand why I missed this...)
-Version information was not updating
Added: Requested by tscv11
-Auto Space Before Comma
Fixed: Reported by Huckleberry
-Typo in the window managment error message
Fixed:
-Virtual Scratch Pad
-Insert Current Time: now places the cursor after the inserted %A_Now%
-Options that get checked in menus are now toggling
Added:
-A lot of options that were missing in the Omni-Search
-Option state in Omni-Search
Changed:
-Settings:
--Once again a built in function (the plugin will be removed soon)
--MUCH more stable
--Icons can now be givin to Top Level menu items
-Manage Toolbar: total re-write. Highlighting which toolbar you are working on, and the available icons are in the window.
Changed: Reported by Odylg
-Moving the caret to the bottom of a page was causing it to jump an entire page
Fixed: Reported by Tre4shunter
-Files with literal paths were not being indexed
-Studio opens itself in Unicode automatically
Fixed: Reported by noticz
-Check Edited On Focus: was not returning to the current position when it replaced the text
NOTICE!!!!
-A new version of SciLexer.dll will be downloaded. Fixed some bugs with coloring and added in custom colors for:
--Labels
--Variables
-Re-Wrote a lot of the backend for Context Sensitive Text
Donations
Discord
maestrith

06 Apr 2016, 02:41

Fixed:
-Remove Segment: Was causing it to open an additional Untitled file if you only have 1 Project open
-File Encoding: I have had a lot of trouble with this but I think I have a better handle on it now. Files encoded UTF-16 are now working and any file that is encoded in ANSI that you add UTF characters to will be automatically re-encoded into UTF-8
Donations
Discord
maestrith

17 Apr 2016, 18:22

NOTICE:
-Will download Scilexer.dll
Fixed:
-% issues with coloring
-Other coloring issues
-Hex coloring (Update your Theme plugin)
Added:
-Wrap Word In Quotes: Wrap the current word in ""
-If you press escape to cancel Context Sensitive Help it will not pop up again until you move to another line
-Toolbar Editor:
--Highlight Color
--Next Button
-Project Specific AutoComplete
-Add Selected To Project Specific AutoComplete
Added: Requested by Noticz (and I think a few others)
-All of your %A_MyDocuments%\Autohotkey\Lib and %A_AhkPath%\lib files are now opened/indexed
Donations
Discord
JusFiddlin

01 May 2016, 12:17

Thanks for doing an amazing job - I just switched from SciTE4AHK and it seems it's going to stay that way :)

I'm wanting to debug apps that get command line parameters passed. Is there a way to specify and use them while debugging?

TIA
maestrith

01 May 2016, 12:20

JusFiddlin wrote:Thanks for doing an amazing job - I just switched from SciTE4AHK and it seems it's going to stay that way :)

I'm wanting to debug apps that get command line parameters passed. Is there a way to specify and use them while debugging?

TIA
Thank you :)

Sadly I am not sure what you mean. If you could give me a bit more detail (and keep it simple cause I am not all that bright) I'd appreciate it.
Donations
Discord
JusFiddlin

02 May 2016, 00:49

Lol :)

My AHK App is passed command line parameters, processes them, assigns variables with their value, takes decisions, etc.

Something like:

Code: Select all

MyApp.exe --fullscreen "DiscImage.iso"
To be able to successfully debug, I need an option to be able to specify these. SciTE4AHK has some option to specify them (separately, but if it's up to me it can just be one where they are all specified continuously, delimited by spaces, just as on the command line) but they are only processed when the script is Run, not when it's Debugged.

It would be very convenient if AHK Studio could do this. :)

Another question that came up while using AHK Studio:

When debugging, how can I see the values of variables? There appear no Call-Tips when I hover over variables. (According to the Scintilla Docs it is possible: http://www.scintilla.org/ScintillaDoc.html under "Call tips": "This method could be used in a debugger to give the value of a variable, or during editing to give information about the word under the pointer.")

Also, is there any comprehensive user-manual with the functions and options in the editor? On scintilla.org there only seems to be tech docs.

TIA
maestrith

02 May 2016, 01:43

JusFiddlin wrote:Lol :)

My AHK App is passed command line parameters, processes them, assigns variables with their value, takes decisions, etc.

Something like:

To be able to successfully debug, I need an option to be able to specify these. SciTE4AHK has some option to specify them (separately, but if it's up to me it can just be one where they are all specified continuously, delimited by spaces, just as on the command line) but they are only processed when the script is Run, not when it's Debugged.

When debugging, how can I see the values of variables? There appear no Call-Tips when I hover over variables. (According to the Scintilla Docs it is possible: http://www.scintilla.org/ScintillaDoc.html under "Call tips": "This method could be used in a debugger to give the value of a variable, or during editing to give information about the word under the pointer.")

Also, is there any comprehensive user-manual with the functions and options in the editor? On scintilla.org there only seems to be tech docs.

TIA
Sadly, one of the areas that I have put very little time in is the debugging :( While you have a script running using debugging there is an option, Alt+M List Variables, that shows the variables and what they contain. At some point I will look into having some sort of Call-Tip setup for variables but at the moment I am re-writing a good portion of the code for Studio and I am not able to focus any attention to it. I am sorry that it comes up short in the debugging areas :(

As far as passing command line items I can take a look at that but like I said earlier it'll take a lot of time to get my version of Studio back to where it was before I started. For the time being, and I know this isn't ideal, but you can always add the command line parameters to the beginning of your script as though it was passed.
Donations
Discord
TAC109

02 May 2016, 18:21

JusFiddlin wrote:Lol :)

Something like:

TIA
If you're willing to try SciTE4AHK again, see this post plus following posts in the SciTE4AHK thread for how to debug code with parameters using this editor. https://www.autohotkey.com/boards/viewt ... 500#p71588
My scripts:-
XRef - Produces Cross Reference lists for scripts
ReClip - A Text Reformatting and Clip Management utility
ScriptGuard - Protects Compiled Scripts from Decompilation
I also maintain Ahk2Exe
maestrith

02 May 2016, 20:39

I will return to the debugging aspect of Studio but for now I am really sorry that it does not meet your needs. I will keep this feature in mind when I do. Thank you for your input.
Donations
Discord
JusFiddlin

03 May 2016, 08:51

TAC109 wrote: If you're willing to try SciTE4AHK again, see this post plus following posts in the SciTE4AHK thread for how to debug code with parameters using this editor. https://www.autohotkey.com/boards/viewt ... 500#p71588
Thanks for the heads-up; I saw that but it's a bit over my head. It seems like it's updated in the repository but I couldn't figure out how to build it all. Thanks again.
JusFiddlin

03 May 2016, 08:53

maestrith wrote:I will return to the debugging aspect of Studio but for now I am really sorry that it does not meet your needs. I will keep this feature in mind when I do. Thank you for your input.
I understand it's quite an undertaking. It was kind a wishful thinking from my side that it'd work somehow. Thanks a lot for putting effort into this project :)
TAC109

03 May 2016, 16:21

JusFiddlin wrote:
TAC109 wrote: If you're willing to try SciTE4AHK again, see this post plus following posts in the SciTE4AHK thread for how to debug code with parameters using this editor. https://www.autohotkey.com/boards/viewt ... 500#p71588
Thanks for the heads-up; I saw that but it's a bit over my head. It seems like it's updated in the repository but I couldn't figure out how to build it all. Thanks again.
One of the options Lexikos gives is very simple:-
Start the script [separately with parameters], then [in SciTE4AHK] use Tools -> Debug a currently running script.
My scripts:-
XRef - Produces Cross Reference lists for scripts
ReClip - A Text Reformatting and Clip Management utility
ScriptGuard - Protects Compiled Scripts from Decompilation
I also maintain Ahk2Exe
JusFiddlin

04 May 2016, 08:20

Thanks for the suggestions. I actually went about changing the lines in the files affected by the commit but that didn't work out - guess that's what happens if you change things but have no idea of what you're doing ;)

I wish @finc would compile a new version with this commit included.. ;) ;) :wave:

While IDE integration of this would be a more graceful solution, I think I've found a workable alternative. By 'found' I mean that I first thought that command line parameters could not be overwritten in a script but they actually can (ah, those mistaken assumptions.. ;) )

For now, I just include this in my script:

global 0 = 1
global 1 = "--fullscreen"
Which might be very obvious for some/a lot of you, but isn't everything after you learned it? :)
maestrith

04 May 2016, 08:39

Glad to see that you found a solution. Feel free to PM me if you need some help
Donations
Discord

Return to “AHK Studio”