Lintalist 1.9 Searchable interactive lists to copy & paste text with plugins

Post your working scripts, libraries and tools

Re: Lintalist 1.9 Searchable interactive lists to copy & paste text with plugins

17 Jun 2017, 02:48

Would it be hard to implement this "always open" feature by switching to the previous window with ALT-TAB or something like this -

https://autohotkey.com/board/topic/5403 ... -is-wrong/

When I select Copy Snippet the editor window opens. I thought that would copy the snippet to the clipboard?

Would it be hard to add an option to have the double-click perform a copy instead of a paste? Is it easy to add a button on each line that does a copy?
list

Re: Lintalist 1.9 Searchable interactive lists to copy & paste text with plugins

17 Jun 2017, 04:03

To copy a snippet only upon double click and not paste it use the setting PasteMethod = 2. (Some plugins may not work properly so YMMV.)

Copy a snippet means you create a new snippet based on the one you selected, that way you can create a similar snippet without the need to retype everything again, just like copying a file for example.

Like I said it is not as easy as it sounds. You would indeed have to ensure the program you came from (currently active) has focus again before something is pasted, sending !{esc} might work but probably not always reliably.

Therefore it might actually be easier (relatively speaking) to not make the Lintalist window active when you open and click on it (if you want to use the mouse).
You can do that with something like "+AlwaysOnTop +E0x08000000 ; +E0x08000000 = WS_EX_NOACTIVATE" (same line as "Gui, 1:+Border...") and adding "NA" to Gui Show.
Drawback of that is the menu and search feature no longer work as you can't make the Lintalist window take focus very easily and not having search kind of defeats the purpose.
Not sure how to tackle it in the most reliable way at the moment. :think:
mrmed

06 Jul 2017, 00:14

Thanks! The window stays open and double-clicking usually pastes into the correct window, but sometimes it pastes into the window that was edited 2 selections ago.
Can I make additional feature requests?

1) Copy on click. There is already an icon to the left of the text. Clicking it could copy the text to the clipboard.
2) Minimizable window.

Thanks very much for being so open to feedback!
list

06 Jul 2017, 10:12

This may (or may not) work slightly better https://github.com/lintalist/lintalist/ ... -309209435

1) like I said you can already do a copy to clipboard upon a DoubleClick: Configuration, set PasteMethod = 2. Ensure that DoubeClickSends = 1 - you can combine that with a setting SingleClickSends.

2) You can simply close it by pressing the X (top right) or activate Search (press hotkey) and press Esc to close it. Pressing the Search hotkey again will bring it back to front/open the Gui in the Not Active mode.

This is probably about as far as the default Gui can go. Otherwise making a second Gui with fewer features (no menu, no button bar, no search) combined with "not context sensitive" (simply loading all bundles) is probably "easier" so it can bypass certain sections of the main script and thus avoid any errors in the flow / processing of snippets.

Edit: re 2 - you can try to remove "+Toolwindow" from the Gui line - if you do that there will be a minimize button on the Window Title bar.
Edit2: July 14th - added info about SingleClickSends ;)

Return to “Scripts and Functions”