Lintalist 1.9 Searchable interactive lists to copy & paste text with plugins

Post your working scripts, libraries and tools for AHK v1.1 and older
list

Re: Lintalist 1.7 Searchable interactive lists to copy & paste text with plugins

01 Apr 2016, 12:23

Keeping things simple, always a good idea ;)

So if we just focus on the Multi-caret editing it is actually quite easy to implement.

We can simply make use of the shortcut key of the editor that selects the next occurrence of a string and start typing on multiple locations. (This can not be combined with silent tab stops)

I already have a working alpha version - tested in ST, UE, EverEdit, Atom and TextAdept :dance:

What I'm going to do:
  • create a configuration INI where user can define editor, preferred placeholder string and shortcut (can be different for each program)
  • create proper plugin structure/code (alpha code is sloppy and hardcoded per editor just for testing purposes)
  • prepare documentation
Once ready for beta testing I'll post an update here.

I'll continue to research the other ideas mentioned, but this multi-caret should be added fairly soon.
list

Re: Lintalist 1.7 Searchable interactive lists to copy & paste text with plugins

09 Apr 2016, 10:23

Just made a beta version available for those wanting to test some new features incl. multi-caret support for certain editors ( Atom, Brackets, EverEdit, Sublime Text, TextAdept, UltraEdit 23+ (doesn't work for Notepad++) ). The Calendar and DateTime now accept Locale Identifiers (LCID) parameter as well.

Changelog and download here https://github.com/lintalist/lintalist/issues/63

Documentation for the Multi-Caret option is available in docs/MultiCaret.md after unpacking the zip file.

Feedback welcome!

Multi-caret/edit sneak preview
list

Re: Lintalist 1.8 Searchable interactive lists to copy & paste text with plugins

25 Jun 2016, 08:45

v1.8 is now available. You can use the tray menu, check for updates, to upgrade, or download it manually via https://github.com/lintalist/lintalist/releases
  • New: Command line parameters -Ini: load specific settings file (ini)
  • New: Multi-caret implemented for certain text editors (see DOC)
  • New: Random plugin, return random value or entry from a list (also added to Choice)
  • New: Calendar and DateTime now accept Locale Identifiers (LCID) parameter
  • Change: Snippet, Bundle, Counter and Local variable editors are now all visible
    on the taskbar as a child window of a disabled Lintalist Search GUI (if present)
    this makes it easer to switch from/to the appropriate editor using alt-tab and mouse
  • Added: Choice plugin GUI now has "Endless scrolling in a listbox" similar to
    Search GUI listview + Added a Random option
  • Fix: Cancelling a snippet with Choice plugin no longer makes Shorthand stop working
  • Fix: After using quick search with one result e.g. automatic pasting of the only
    snippet, pressing space or tab executed the snippet again. Cleared the typing history
    after each paste fixed it.
  • Fix: Pause shortcut could cause error, added #IfWinNotActive ahk_group
Upgrading:
  • If you are upgrading to this new release, you can use the tray menu option "Check for updates" and have it done automatically.
  • If you prefer to do it manually, please use the following procedure:
    • close your running copy of Lintalist first
    • unpack the zip file and overwrite all files. Note: any (changed) bundles and settings will not be overwritten
list

Re: Lintalist 1.8 Searchable interactive lists to copy & paste text with plugins

30 Oct 2016, 04:17

v1.9 is now available
  • New: Choice plugin - Added option to provide "information/question" hint by starting first item with a question mark
  • New: Introduce "Not Titlematch" for bundles by using an exclamation mark
  • Fix: Choice plugin - Multiple Choices working again
  • Fix: Random plugin - Count correct number of RandomItems
  • Fix: Lintalist - Added "Select and press enter" Choice gui to BundleHotkeys group
  • Added: Visual Studio Code (code.exe) Configuration to MultiCaret.ini
Upgrading:
  • If you are upgrading to this new release, you can use the tray menu option "Check for updates" and have it done automatically.
  • If you prefer to do it manually, please use the following procedure:
    • close your running copy of Lintalist first
    • unpack the zip file and overwrite all files. Note: any (changed) bundles and settings will not be overwritten
Source & Releases here https://github.com/lintalist/lintalist/

and as always feedback welcome!
Rorqual

Re: Lintalist 1.9 Searchable interactive lists to copy & paste text with plugins

25 Jan 2017, 08:27

I suggest adding a "New Snippet" button to the main gui window - such as to the right of the search box.
Being able to right click a snippet in the main gui and get a context menu which lets us edit the snippet, delete it, or clone/copy it would also be useful.
I'm emulating your code-formatting and writing style, and using pieces of the source code for my own project - Lintalist is very well made.
list

Re: Lintalist 1.9 Searchable interactive lists to copy & paste text with plugins

25 Jan 2017, 14:35

Thank you for feedback and nice comments.
Rorqual wrote:I suggest adding a "New Snippet" button to the main gui window - such as to the right of the search box.
That might get pretty crowded pretty fast althought adding a "+" or just "new" wouldn't hurt. I've been thinking about replacing the radio/checkboxes with buttons you can see a preview/mockup here - https://github.com/lintalist/lintalist/issues/51 - that would provide more room for more buttons (you can see buttons to toggle scripts, shorthand and hotkeys there already, adding new, edit and delete should be OK (copy & move are probably not used that often) - what would you think of such buttons?
Rorqual wrote:Being able to right click a snippet in the main gui and get a context menu which lets us edit the snippet, delete it, or clone/copy it would also be useful.
I've added it as an enhancement - https://github.com/lintalist/lintalist/issues/70 - shouldn't be complicated, the menu is already available so just showing it should work. (Not that I would use it myself but no harm in adding it I think)
Rorqual wrote:I'm emulating your code-formatting and writing style, and using pieces of the source code for my own project - Lintalist is very well made.
Thank you, although a large section of the code was written in '08/'09 and I would probably do it differently now (probably a lot less code to achieve the same) - I switched to objects for the Bundles/Snippets much later so a lot of "fake" array stuff can still be "seen" in the code :shh: Also I learned a bit more ;)
boiler

25 Jan 2017, 19:05

I have been using Lintalist for a little while now, and I find it very useful. Thank you very much for sharing it. I find it especially handy for having code snippets available no matter which editor I'm using or what environment I'm in (like when I'm working inside an RDP window on a newly-installed editor with no customizations, yet my snippets are still available).

I strongly second the suggestion to add some type of button for creating a new snippet. I never remember the shortcut for it, and it's about the only thing I use other than selecting a snippet, so it seems like such a wasted action to have to click a menu and look for and click on the new snippet menu item.
FanaticGuru

25 Jan 2017, 19:44

Just to pile on the praise, I also have used Lintalist for quite awhile and find it very useful.

I use it mainly for pasting nicely formatted html into various places like emails and Word documents. Things like signatures, pictures, text with lots of font formatting changes, but especially links.

I have a lot of Dropbox links that are formatted with alternate text to making them pretty and descriptive that I need to paste fairly often. Lintalist not only allows me to make them look pretty but keep all of them organized and easy to find the one I need.

I ran a custom modified version for quite awhile but your current version fulfills my needs.

Thanks for creating and maintaining Lintalist.

FG
Hotkey Help - Help Dialog for Currently Running AHK Scripts
AHK Startup - Consolidate Multiply AHK Scripts with one Tray Icon
Hotstring Manager - Create and Manage Hotstrings
[Class] WinHook - Create Window Shell Hooks and Window Event Hooks
zhotkey

Lintalist and Unix Exceed and/or Emacs Not Working

25 Jan 2017, 20:51

Has anyone been able to get Lintalist to paste to an Exceed Unix Shell, or Emacs on either Unix or Windows, it pastes nothing when expanding a shortcut (the shortcut disappears but doesn't paste) and/or pasting from the program screen?
list-nli

26 Jan 2017, 02:46

@zhotkey For a Unix shell you may need to change two lines of code as described here https://github.com/lintalist/lintalist/ ... -240829151 - basically replacing ^v with ^{ins} should do it if it is also the paste shortcut for Exceed Unix Shell (don't know for sure).

Perhaps ^{ins} also makes it work in emacs, I would have to install it to test it out myself.
guest3456

26 Jan 2017, 10:31

i'm pretty sure the 'paste' standard is Shift+INS not Ctrl+INS

+{ins}

zhotkey

27 Jan 2017, 09:13

+{ins} works for windows Emacs but not for the Unix shell or Emacs, it just pastes what normally is in the clipboard not what was defined in Lintalist.
list

27 Jan 2017, 16:51

Indeed, guest3456 is correct, its +{ins} - don't know why I wrote ^ it is correct in the GH issue I linked to.

@zhotkey there is a setting (tray menu, configuration) called PasteDelay, you can try to increase the setting to say 300 or higher to see if that helps (if it helps you can decrease it again as long as it works to find the sweetspot (fastest)), otherwise some tweaking in the script may be needed.
list

27 Jan 2017, 16:56

@FanaticGuru thank you
@boiler I'll add the new, edit etc buttons as well when I look into the button bar ( using https://github.com/Pulover/Class_Toolbar )
boiler

27 Jan 2017, 17:23

@list - Thanks! By the way, I didn't mean to sound like I was expecting changes to a free and useful utility to suit my wishes. Just noting that I thought such a button would be handy for me as well, but it is a great tool as-is. Your efforts are really appreciated!
list

27 Jan 2017, 17:28

@boiler no problem, glad you find it useful and you're welcome.
list

30 Jan 2017, 15:01

Teaser: working button bar and listview right click context menu :)
(will probably post beta this weekend)
button-bar-context-menu.png
button-bar-context-menu.png (30.24 KiB) Viewed 8123 times
boiler

30 Jan 2017, 17:22

:clap: I tried to find a donation link on your website, but didn't see one. I think you should add one.
list

04 Feb 2017, 14:09

I've tried to find some suitable icons for the button bar and menu, I think they are OK. Move and Remove snippet buttons have not been included in the button bar as I don't think you need them that often and this button bar just fits within the narrow view mode.

Exit Lintalist if you have it running, Backup your current Lintalist folder just to be sure and unpack it in the same folder and start it again, or unpack this branch to a new folder.

If you want to try out the button bar and the right click context menu you can download the development branch on GH:

Branch: https://github.com/lintalist/lintalist/ ... -buttonbar
ZIP: https://github.com/lintalist/lintalist/ ... tonbar.zip
  • New: replaced check/radio boxes with button bar (using Class_Toolbar by pulover) and icons from the Fugue & Diagona Icon sets by Yusuke Kamiyamane. #51 https://github.com/lintalist/lintalist/issues/51
  • New: Right click context menu listview #70 https://github.com/lintalist/lintalist/issues/70
  • Fix: Refactored LoadAll and Selected Bundle code, should work better now (lintalist.ahk)
  • Fix: Refactored duplicate hotkey and shorthand detection code, should work better now (editor.ahk)
Feedback welcome here or on GH of course :)

Return to “Scripts and Functions (v1)”