[LIB] ExtListView - get data from external ListViews

Post your working scripts, libraries and tools
cyruz

[LIB] ExtListView - get data from external ListViews

08 May 2014, 05:35

Hi guys,

I wrote this library for a little project I'm developing, I hope it can be useful for someone. It can interact with ListViews owned by external processes. For now only some function are provided, please be free to update and share your code.

It should work on both x32 and x64, ANSI and Unicode, but I didn't test it extensively, so please report any bugs...

Code: [Select all] [Expand] [Download] (ExtListView.ahk)GeSHi © Codebox Plus

Last edited by cyruz on 24 Jul 2017, 03:20, edited 2 times in total.
ABCza on the old forum.
My GitHub.
kiwichick

Re: [LIB] ExtListView - get data from external ListViews

10 May 2014, 19:52

Hi there, Sorry for the potentially silly question but I'm not sure what you mean by "external" ListViews? It would be a godsend if your script was the answer to my post here:

http://www.autohotkey.com/board/topic/108841-controlget-from-list-when-no-syslistview321/

And if this is what I'm looking for, would you mind giving me a bit more of an idea how to use it and providing a little more example code? Cheers.
cyruz

12 May 2014, 02:39

kiwichick wrote:Hi there, Sorry for the potentially silly question but I'm not sure what you mean by "external" ListViews? It would be a godsend if your script was the answer to my post here:

http://www.autohotkey.com/board/topic/108841-controlget-from-list-when-no-syslistview321/

And if this is what I'm looking for, would you mind giving me a bit more of an idea how to use it and providing a little more example code? Cheers.

This library works only for normal ListViews (SysListView321) owned by processes other than the main script. The part related to the memory injection should work also in your case, but looks like that the application you want to read data from works in a different way...
ABCza on the old forum.
My GitHub.
Tigerite

02 Oct 2014, 04:57

Firstly thanks for this script, it's excellent and exactly what I needed. Unfortunately though I did find some bugs with this on Windows 8.1 x64 which were causing it not to work properly. Thanks to this script I was able to correct them and it now works perfectly.

Here are the fixes:

Code: [Select all] [Expand] [Download] GeSHi © Codebox Plus

Hope these help someone else out there!
Dave_Scream

13 Apr 2017, 08:51

Thank you so much, this component was so helpful to me. Other solutions was too complicated and at some point stop to work. Your code work very well.
cyruz

24 Jul 2017, 03:22

Tigerite wrote:Firstly thanks for this script, it's excellent and exactly what I needed. Unfortunately though I did find some bugs with this on Windows 8.1 x64 which were causing it not to work properly. Thanks to this script I was able to correct them and it now works perfectly.

Here are the fixes...

Almost 3 years passed, but thanks for this. I added the change to the code with a slight difference related to LVITEM size calculation.
ABCza on the old forum.
My GitHub.
joedf
Facebook: J0EDF
Google: +joedf
GitHub: joedf

11 Jun 2018, 15:08

This is really cool! :+1:

Return to “Scripts and Functions”