EitherMouse 0.8 - Multiple mice, individual settings...

Post your working scripts, libraries and tools for AHK v1.1 and older
Archimede

Re: EitherMouse 0.8 - Multiple mice, individual settings...

07 Aug 2023, 18:39

Hallo.
It is very interesting.
Does it works for contemporaneous remote access mouses?
I am developing an ahk program to allow contemporaneous remote access for many keyboards, but about mouse I no developed anything to now.
If your program works for contemporaneous remote access mouses it can be very interesting for me.
REEKOUS

13 Dec 2023, 21:41

I'm having some trouble with a fresh install of EitherMouse on Windows 11.

My two devices are detected fine, but settings like Cursors > normal, large, Extra large only apply if mirror cursors is checked.

Mouse speed & double click speed work fine with or without mirror cursors checked. Prior to installing EitherMouse I had gone into windows Settings > Accessibility > Mouse pointer & touch > And set a custom color & size. I don't recall changing anything more but my default windows cursor is almost definitely a vector file based on how smooth resizing is.

I'm grateful for the program as my 2nd device is an airmouse that I use 8 feet away from the monitor. Automatically adjusting mouse speed has stopped me from having to put a bold interpretative dance show for the family whenever I want to scroll across the whole screen. Would it be possible to set a custom cursor somehow? If not what are the cursors EitherMouse is using? Could I replace WIndowsCursorDirectory/win98.cur with my own custom cursor renamed appropriately? Also is there any way to go larger than extra large?

Please don't think me ungrateful, Eithermouse is very useful as is & I am grateful for all the work that has gone into it.
summerzy

24 Jan 2024, 17:47

Hi just wondering would this software change acceleration curves in RawAccel for different mouse profiles set up inside EitherMouse?
gwarble

24 Jan 2024, 18:29

summerzy: no, I'm surprised in 15 years no one has requested this. I'll have to refresh my memory on how it works but its definitely possible, in fact it could probably be done with a "plugin" rather than actually updating EitherMouse

REEKOUS: I could have sworn I posted a response already, but basically Win10 added cursors that are vector based and EitherMouse hasn't been updated accordingly, but if you have a static .ICO or .CUR you want to use for the left handed mouse, you could use Resource Hacker to override one set of cursors like Win98
Last edited by gwarble on 25 Jan 2024, 11:45, edited 2 times in total.
EitherMouse - Multiple mice, individual settings . . . . www.EitherMouse.com . . . . forum . . . .
gregster

24 Jan 2024, 18:37

gwarble wrote:
24 Jan 2024, 18:29
REEKOUS: I could have sworn I posted a response already,
It's possible. I think it was mid-december when the forum crashed one day and we lost 30 hours of posts or so.
gwarble

24 Jan 2024, 21:44

ah thanks, helps my sanity

I'll try to re-answer in more depth...
EitherMouse - Multiple mice, individual settings . . . . www.EitherMouse.com . . . . forum . . . .
summerzy

25 Jan 2024, 07:49

@gwarble thanks for your reply the softwares great anyway, I stumbled upon it after buying myself a trackball mouse to use with my laptop, but then discovered that I couldn't game with it using the profile i'd set up in RawAccel. So I have it set up with different profiles now using pointer precision on the trackball and different sensitivty settings. The curve I had on RawAccel was great on the trackball but awful on the mouse, they both feel good now using the EitherMouse software so I will probably get used to it in a few days!
gwarble

25 Jan 2024, 11:44

Glad it seems usable as-is, but I now realize that you were talking about a third party app RawAccel and not windows in-built mouse acceleration settings.

If RawAccel has a way to apply settings via a command line or some API then it would be totally possible to use a unique RawAccel profile when the mouse in use switches.
Jolly

01 Feb 2024, 19:08

Thanks! This is going to be quite useful.

How are you figuring out which device is actually giving input? I would kill for a way to be able to detect which mouse or keyboard is sending data to the computer. (I switch between a few different locations, all of which have a mouse and keyboard plugged into the same computer, and occasionally I'll end up with one of the keyboards or mice accidentally getting pushed, and then me having to run around and figure out which one of my setups is actually the one that's sending the unwanted keystrokes or mouse input.)
gwarble

02 Feb 2024, 11:19

No problem... Windows' API called RawInput is how, you can read the source to see specifically (its been forever and its amateur code)

If you have EitherMouse installed and set all the mice normally, you can use it in a couple ways to maybe solve your problem... you could use MultiCursor mode with the Tooltip and name each mouse, or you can set the tray icon to "Number" and it will show which mouse was last activated by number.
gregster

08 Mar 2024, 04:36

pplatinumss wrote:
08 Mar 2024, 04:25
False Positive?
Wouldn't be unusual - a common problem for AHK-based software. If in doubt, ask your Antivirus provider to have a second look: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=62266
gwarble

08 Mar 2024, 11:24

in my experience, definitely. I haven't had found a real infection since EitherMouse first released in 2009 but get false positive reports more than anything else probably.

there's a link to this thread on the webpage just to help people decide if they want to whitelist it:
viewtopic.php?p=289544#p289544

Edit: also the installer seems to get flagged more than the actual program if you want to try downloading the .exe or the .zip
someday i would like to see if signing the executables would solve the issues or not, but $$

Return to “Scripts and Functions (v1)”