EitherMouse 0.8 - Multiple mice, individual settings...

Post your working scripts, libraries and tools for AHK v1.1 and older
gwarble

Re: EitherMouse 0.64 - Multiple mice, individual settings...

09 Aug 2016, 11:10

If i recall correctly, the Surface Pro 3 Touch Cover reports id of 0 in movement, but not positive
EitherMouse - Multiple mice, individual settings . . . . www.EitherMouse.com . . . . forum . . . .
gwarble

10 Aug 2016, 10:41

i'm not sure if the forum is losing posts (super slow right now so somethings going on) or if i screwed up, but I thought I posted yesterday that if i recall correctly the Surface Pro 3 Touch Cover gives position updates as ID 0, but i'm not sure as i don't have one
EitherMouse - Multiple mice, individual settings . . . . www.EitherMouse.com . . . . forum . . . .
gwarble

10 Aug 2016, 11:34

Heh weird, well i can see it now...
TechNerdYT

03 Oct 2016, 13:10

I am trying to use this software with autohotkey.... but I dont know how to.... so any help???
gwarble

07 Oct 2016, 10:44

what are you trying to do?
it works independent of AutoHotkey (besides the plugin system but most people have no use for that)
evertonmdz

23 Nov 2016, 23:01

Thanks for the work, it was very good!
Gweek

25 Nov 2016, 13:56

Hey gwarble thanx for creating this tool but will you be able to add a Grab and drag feature in your tool this feature will let the user use touch like features with mouse
for example plz watch this video https://streamable.com/mvhv (don't worry it's only a 35 second video) if you want more example I can create more of them plz tell me you will able to add this feature
gwarble

28 Nov 2016, 23:03

Thanks,
Unfortunately that ability doesn't really fall into the feature set of EitherMouse, nor do i know how to do that so it would take some research. If that feature was created as an independant script, and you only wanted it to apply to a particular mouse/touch pad EitherMouse could help, but it doesn't really add any mouse features at this point.

Search around the ahk forums, I bet someone has at least experimented eith this, and if not you can always try posting in the "ask for help" section and you may find someone with more time to research this ability

Good luck

- joel
gwarble

13 Dec 2016, 10:19

Avast or other Antivirus detects malware on site or virus in exe
Hey,
Thanks for the report, unfortunately false positives from antivirus software has been the biggest issue over the years of having released EitherMouse, Avast and Sonic being the two worst offenders, and i've not been able to find a solution except to switch antivirus software to one that actual listens to its user's wishes to override a mistaken detection (in 7+ years i've not actually seen a real virus on the site or in the exe's)

The only thing i havent tried is to "certify" or "digitally sign" my executable like a professional software company would do, but in order to do so i would have to start charging for EitherMouse to offset the cost of a business license and verisign subscription

Good luck and if you have any ideas let me know
Thanks
Joel

Edit: over the years i think i've received $30 in unsolicited donations for EitherMouse, which i have mentally saved for the digital signing fund
guest3456

13 Dec 2016, 10:32

gwarble wrote: Thanks for the report, unfortunately false positives from antivirus software has been the biggest issue over the years of having released EitherMouse, Avast and Sonic being the two worst offenders, and i've not been able to find a solution except to switch antivirus software to one that actual listens to its user's wishes to override a mistaken detection (in 7+ years i've not actually seen a real virus on the site or in the exe's)
Usually what I do is this:

1. I compile my updated version
2. run it through http://www.virustotal.com
3. for each AV vendor that detects me, i then find their info on this page and submit a false positive report:
http://www.techsupportalert.com/content ... endors.htm

4. wait a couple days to get responses
5. then re-run it through virustotal
6. then release it to the public

its a pain in the ass i know. usually along with my false positive report, i yell at them for blindly detecting autohotkey exes

gwarble

13 Dec 2016, 12:20

Yeah i used to do something similar, but i hate to say it, its not worth the time (and not all the companies respond/react)

Personally, if virustotal shows like 2 out of 65 or whatever, its fair to assume the two are wrong and not the 63
gwarble

27 Dec 2016, 13:13

Sorry all the site is down... I'll try to get it back up this evening.
- Joel
gwarble

27 Dec 2016, 20:20

Thanks!
Vlaryn

05 Feb 2017, 01:46

I am working on a project to create a gaming table for board games like Catan or D&D etc. I want to have a setup with 4 to 6 mouse connected. The problem is the table will have people setup all around and I would like each person to have there own mouse. Is there any way to achieve this by modifying an ini setting file for each mouse?

Thanks
Wayne B.
gwarble

06 Feb 2017, 18:17

If you want all the mice to be able to be used independently and simultaneously, then no its not really possible with EitherMouse...

If you want each mouse to have its own cursor, but not be used simultaneously, yes it will work

For the former to work properly, everything needs to be handled internally, including capturing clicks/movement, determining which mouse it came from, keeping multiple "active" windows when windows only has one really active one, dragging/clicking interference between the two devices, even EPP/acceleration... long story short its not possible at this time
tomber

15 Feb 2017, 22:24

Hi, is the website down? I cant download it,

Thank you

Return to “Scripts and Functions (v1)”